file Card Idea - Born to Rule

21 Oct 2019 02:12 - 21 Oct 2019 02:14 #97463 by XZealot
Card Idea
Born to Rule
Aus/Dom
auspex/dominate- Strike Combat Ends may not be played this round of combat
AUS/DOM - as above and this vampire gets and optional manuever this round.

“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

Source - Libellus Sanguinis I

"These lands are mine, childer; mine for as far as your Cainite eyes can see. Who defended them when the barbarian hordes clamored to the north? Who fought off the howling infidels to the east? Who put down countless insurrections, both of Cainite and kine contrivance? It was I, my sons and daughters. I, who gave myself wholly unto my lands and their people; for their people are my people. My service is both a privilege and a responsibility, childer – as I am a master of the state."

Created by Norman Brown
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 02:14 by XZealot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2019 08:06 - 21 Oct 2019 08:07 #97467 by Palamedes
Replied by Palamedes on topic Card Idea - Born to Rule
Making grinder and aus gun/sniper blockers even more powerful is a bad idea.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2019 08:07 by Palamedes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
21 Oct 2019 20:39 #97482 by brandonsantacruz
I like it. Cycles well and gives a maneuver. Thoughts betrayed is garbage and while this card isn't strictly better, it is playable. Serious combat decks will have a counter, but it means that running 12+ copies of S:CE is not a get out of combat free card.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
21 Oct 2019 23:11 #97485 by jamesatzephyr

Card Idea
Born to Rule
Aus/Dom
auspex/dominate- Strike Combat Ends may not be played this round of combat
AUS/DOM - as above and this vampire gets and optional manuever this round.

Who are you trying to help? Natively, it's playable by Ventrue Antitribu - who have very grindy successful combat strategies - and Tremere/!Tremere, who are potentially more in need of it. While the Tremere have the option of Telepathic Tracking, it's slightly annoying for a clan whose combat options are mostly transient to have the cards they've played wasted - whereas the Ventrue antitribu have more permanent/semi-permanent(*) options.

Re-theming something similar as Aus/Tha might be more interesting.

Although doing that would rule out a fearsome Nagaraja combat deck. You win some, you lose some.

(*) Walking Sticks can hang around a while, and since the counters only disappear when inflicting damage they're somewhat more resilient to S:CE than a Tremere deck chucking out Movement of the Mind to long range then Theft of Vitae and losing both cards to S:CE.

More
22 Oct 2019 09:53 - 22 Oct 2019 09:58 #97491 by Bloodartist

Making grinder and aus gun/sniper blockers even more powerful is a bad idea.

Introducing any new cards is going to make SOME deck stronger, as long as the cards are playable in the first place. I don't think we should be afraid of this happening.

edit: that said, Im not liking the discipline combo in this card. I feel that this indeed is benefiting antiventrue pretty specifically. On the other hand, auspex already had telepathic tracking.

editx2: I second James's notion that aus+tha would be a more interesting combo, since it would work well with theft of vitaes.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 22 Oct 2019 09:58 by Bloodartist.

More
22 Oct 2019 13:04 #97495 by LivesByProxy
I think it should at least cost 1 blood. But then, I think 90% of cards in this game should cost some amount of blood or pool. Or be more restrictive in some way - like require :aus:+:dom: / :AUS:+:DOM:. It would still be very playable with both these restrictions (blood plus combo discipline) in my opinion.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds