file [Submissions] Trenchcoats and Katanas

11 Nov 2019 23:02 #97764 by narpassword
Replied by narpassword on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas

There is no reason at all why katana should have fast strike. To be honest, it should be just like bastard sword. Now, we can talk about for example why are melee weapons bad compared to ranged weapons.

easy - because the concept of ammo limits and needing to reload your weapon dont exist in the game

of course a hollywood 'infinite-ammo/bottomless magazine' gun is going to be better than a sword. =p

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2019 09:23 #97781 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas
Shopping mall changed to non-unique non-location.

Katana changed to "2 damage with first strike".

Fixed? ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
13 Nov 2019 02:48 - 13 Nov 2019 03:01 #97797 by Boris The Blade

As an equipment, it does not solve the main problem of weapon combat: what happens if you get blocked while equipping?

Trench coat
Combat
Play before range is determined. Equip with a melee weapon from your hand paying 1 less pool for it.

This was the first idea, but as Kilrauko said than it just will trump Disguised weapon in Tariq eats and other such decks.

I don't think so: Tariq needs both Rowan Ring and Ivory Bow. A better Concealed Weapon for melee weapons could only ever trump Concealed / Disguised Weapon in current melee weapon decks, i.e. none.

If it's an equipment than you have to think about delivery system for it.

That is precisely your problem. If you are devoting resources to melee weapons, then you already have a delivery system: combat. Watering it down with stealth is only taking you further away from the important stuff, i.e. ousting your prey (actions) and not getting ousted (reactions.)
Last edit: 13 Nov 2019 03:01 by Boris The Blade.

More
13 Nov 2019 02:57 #97798 by Boris The Blade

Now, we can talk about for example why are melee weapons bad compared to ranged weapons.

That one is easy. Melee weapons are bad for the same reason that :pot: is bad and that WWS only see play with :for: : combat decks need to survive combat too, and when you fight at close range you get hit back. The Bundi template was a good start, too bad the card got ruined by having the prevent work only on other melee weapons.

More
13 Nov 2019 09:55 #97799 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas

That is precisely your problem. If you are devoting resources to melee weapons, then you already have a delivery system: combat. Watering it down with stealth is only taking you further away from the important stuff, i.e. ousting your prey (actions) and not getting ousted (reactions.)

Actually stealth is quite useful for combat decks ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
14 Nov 2019 01:30 #97808 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Trenchcoats and Katanas
For once I totally agree with elotar :D

It is nice not to run across chump blockers...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds