file Card idea: Crisis and Riots

17 Aug 2011 07:37 #8331 by Ankha
Name: Crisis and Riots
Cardtype: Event
Any Methuselah may burn 2 pool as a master phase action to burn this card and make each Methuselah (going clockwise) choose up to 2 allies he or she controls then burn the rest, and burn equipments, locations, and retainers the same way.
"I took all I could save. Leonardo didn't make it I fear." - Isabel Giovanni

Is the card balanced?
Is the card interesting?
I don't care whether we "need" the card or not :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2011 07:59 #8332 by KevinM
Admins: Please move this post to 'Expansion Sets & Card Ideas'. Thank you.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
17 Aug 2011 08:36 #8336 by Juggernaut1981
Can't Take It With You for Allies, Equipment, Locations and Retainers?

Seems a touch rediculous really. Who is going to play this when they could play Peace Treaty and Can't Take It With You in a single turn?

I'm not sure why you have this vendetta against decks using something other than vampires without permanents. Is there something going on in your metagame that can't be fixed by say... Canine Hordes or Broken Armaments or Fast Hands... or even just Drawing Out the Beast???

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
17 Aug 2011 09:14 #8339 by Ankha

Can't Take It With You for Allies, Equipment, Locations and Retainers?

Seems a touch rediculous really. Who is going to play this when they could play Peace Treaty and Can't Take It With You in a single turn?

I've never seen anyone play either one of them. (Imho they're not worth the slot). So playing both in the same turn seems to have 0% chance to happen. But I would be likely to play Crisis and Riot in some decks (some rush decks for instance).

I'm not sure why you have this vendetta against decks using something other than vampires without permanents. Is there something going on in your metagame that can't be fixed by say... Canine Hordes or Broken Armaments or Fast Hands... or even just Drawing Out the Beast???

What vendetta? There's nothing wrong with my environment, I don't design card because I was bled by a stealth bleed last night. I design card for the braimstorming and gaming pleasure it procures.

Cards shouldn't be designed to fix things, but to add new interesting options to the game.

If you need to fix things, fix the rules or the existing cards.

But you didn't tell me if you found the card balanced or interesting (and why). And with arguments, please.

Prince of Paris, France

More
17 Aug 2011 09:18 #8340 by Ankha

Admins: Please move this post to 'Expansion Sets & Card Ideas'. Thank you.

Yeah, sorry. The thing is that I use the New Topic button while browsing the 'Expansion Sets & Card Ideas' section, but the default section is always 'News And Announcement'. If one forget to set it, it goes to the wrong section. I hope it would be fixed.

Prince of Paris, France

More
17 Aug 2011 09:40 #8348 by Juggernaut1981
It seems very uninteresting. It's a 'punisher'-type card. It doesn't promote a new form of play, it penalises other archetypes (particularly allies and/or equipment-heavy decks). It doesn't create a new form of play. Consequently, I find it about as interesting as Vicissitude Poisoning, Detection, Cultivated Blood Shortage, Nosferatu Putrescence, Brujah Frenzy, Artistically Inept, Obsession, Tragic Love Affair... or need I go on?

If it was a card that promoted a certain strategy rather than penalising as many as it possibly could, I'd have fewer problems. There are a limited number of cards that I think need pulling back into line, and that is because I think they have enhanced certain strategies too far (particularly Villein under its current ruling on the word 'move' and Voter Cap in general).

So I'd be interested in cards that for example:
- Enabled pure combat to be a potentially faster ousting method (or at least have more viable defence).
- Enhanced fringe strategies such as Trophies-Red List
- Diversify existing strategies by effectively creating viable variations to existing strategies (e.g. Cryptic Mission variation, Increase viability of Black Hand, enhance Sabbat-only voting, etc)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds