file Card idea: One with Nature

19 Aug 2011 12:17 #8593 by Surreal

Um, you use a 6cap and load it up with:
2x Raptor
4x Raven Spy

It's now able to block around 8 actions with between +1 and +6 intercept. The more it blocks, the less intercept it will have and then it will eventually die and leave you with a 6-cap in torpor.

It was hard to get what you were thinking with that card b/c it is not a minion. It needs some different wording then b/c only minions can have abilities of retainers. But I find card much more interesting when it is minion, it can do stuff and not just sit still to block.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 12:49 - 19 Aug 2011 12:52 #8599 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Card idea: One with Nature

The wording needs to be cleared up a bit though. From your examples your intention seems to be that cost and requirements for the allies are ignored, but that the retainers have life and abilities as though recruited with the superior discipline. The latter part of that would need to be explicitly stated on the card.

I omitted the remainder texts, but since cards are put directly in play, they default to: no cost, no requirement, inferior discipline (if any).

In this case I think you're forgetting that Raptors only give -1 handsize at :ANI:

Problem of it being ally is that it dies to one inferior theft with that wording.

Could be fixed by saying that each time it would lose life it can instead lose 1 life from a retainer on it.

Different version:

Name: One with Nature
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Ahrimane
+1 stealth action.
2 blood
Remove this vampire from the game and put this card into play with X animal retainers from your hand or ash heap on it, where X is half the capacity of the vampire (round down). This card becomes clanless independent vampire with X capacity, 2 strength and 0 bleed. Move X blood to him from the blood bank. This vampire gets +1 bleed for every animal retainer it has. It cannot gain retainers and burn when it has no retainer. For each damage it takes, you may burn 1 life from any of its retainers instead. During your untap phase this vampire takes 2 damage. When this card is burned, put the vampire back into play, empty, in your torpor region.

+X bleed is far too much, especially on a vampire that can act as soon as it comes into play. Also, your version can regain blood up to it's capacity. An 8 cap with 8 murder of crows can bleed for 8, if blocked can inflict 10 damage (2 hands + 8R environmental) and can taste to replace any blood it loses.
Far too strong.
Edit: Just re-read and noticed you said half the capacity, but even so it's still too much.

I think it works better as an ally, instead of a vampire or a non-minion card that can block.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 12:52 by Mael.

More
19 Aug 2011 13:27 - 19 Aug 2011 13:29 #8603 by Ankha

In this case I think you're forgetting that Raptors only give -1 handsize at [ani]

Even better then, it will limit Raptor "abuse".

Um, you use a 6cap and load it up with:
2x Raptor
4x Raven Spy

It's now able to block around 8 actions with between +1 and +6 intercept. The more it blocks, the less intercept it will have and then it will eventually die and leave you with a 6-cap in torpor.

I can't see the point playing Raptor over Raven Spy because there is no combat anyway.

But I find card much more interesting when it is minion, it can do stuff and not just sit still to block.

So do I. Basically, Jug's suggestion only works with Raven Spies in the end, whereas a mixed setup of retainers doing different stuff was more what I had in mind.

My suggestion was earlier:

+1 stealth action.
2 blood
Remove this vampire from the game and put this card into play with X animal retainers from your hand or ash heap on it, where X is half the capacity of the vampire (round down). This card becomes clanless independent vampire with X capacity, 2 strength and 0 bleed. Move X blood to him from the blood bank. This vampire gets +1 bleed for every animal retainer it has. It cannot gain retainers and burn when it has no retainer. For each damage it takes, you may burn 1 life from any of its retainers instead. During your untap phase this vampire takes 2 damage. When this card is burned, put the vampire back into play, empty, in your torpor region.

Bigger problem of it being ally is that it dies to steal blood and burn life effects instantly. Not sure if my version is too strong, thinking it can be too weak. 6 cap could make 3cap 2 str, 3 bleed vampire with +2 intercept and one elephant guardian. That created vampire must have some kind of dmg/burn retainer during untap so it doesn't last too long.

I like my suggestion more b/c you don't have to plan your whole deck around it. If you are playing with raven spies and murders with ahrimanes, you could put couple of copies in your deck when you vampires are getting low on blood. Maybe blood cost should be only 1. Cannot use equipment could work too. Card text is just getting long.

Sorry, I didn't see it because I was posting at the same time. It could be an alternative, though there's some trouble with your cardtext because the "For each damage it takes, you may..." means it will never die, and gives him access to disciplines that can make it a little too tough. The 2 damage part tend to counterbalance it but make it too weak because you won't keep it more than 2 turns. Vampires are a bit harder to balance due to the huge amount of options they have (greater than allies).

BTW, there is only 1 retainer that has 3 life (apart of Wolf Companion, but only a superior), it's the Elephant Guardian, and it's limited to 1 per minion.

If I adjust the ally version, it gives:

Cost: 2 blood
+1 stealth action.
Remove this vampire from the game and put this card into play with X animal retainers from your hand or ash heap on it, where X is the capacity of the vampire. This card represents an unique ally with 0 strength, 0 bleed, 1 life, 1 stealth. It cannot gain retainers nor life and burn when it has no retainer. You may burn a retainer on it to untap it. You may use life from any of its retainers as its life. When this card is burned, put the vampire back into play, empty, tapped, in your torpor region.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 13:29 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds