file Card idea: One with Nature

19 Aug 2011 10:55 - 19 Aug 2011 10:57 #8575 by Surreal

]Allies are globally weaker than vampires since there's many cards that can steal/destroy them.
But you'll notice that, like a War Ghoul, you can "sacrifice" the ally before it's stolen (but burning all its retainer to untap it). Otherwise, it would have resulted in stealing the vampire.

My problem of it being a ally is that one card (autonomic mastery for example) can totally screw it. I prefer that card would be all around good.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 10:57 by Surreal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 11:26 #8577 by Ankha

]Allies are globally weaker than vampires since there's many cards that can steal/destroy them.
But you'll notice that, like a War Ghoul, you can "sacrifice" the ally before it's stolen (but burning all its retainer to untap it). Otherwise, it would have resulted in stealing the vampire.

My problem of it being a ally is that one card (autonomic mastery for example) can totally screw it. I prefer that card would be all around good.

Leaving you with your vampire, empty, tapped, in torpor. I guess it would be a risk you are willing to take, just like with Dual Form.
Making it a vampire would make it sensible to Pentex Subversion.
It must have some weakness anyway, and strikes that burn allies outright are not that frequent.
What would you suggest?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Aug 2011 11:37 - 19 Aug 2011 11:53 #8578 by Surreal

]Leaving you with your vampire, empty, tapped, in torpor. I guess it would be a risk you are willing to take, just like with Dual Form.
Making it a vampire would make it sensible to Pentex Subversion.
It must have some weakness anyway, and strikes that burn allies outright are not that frequent.
What would you suggest?

My suggestion was earlier:

Name: One with Nature
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Ahrimane
+1 stealth action.
2 blood
Remove this vampire from the game and put this card into play with X animal retainers from your hand or ash heap on it, where X is half the capacity of the vampire (round down). This card becomes clanless independent vampire with X capacity, 2 strength and 0 bleed. Move X blood to him from the blood bank. This vampire gets +1 bleed for every animal retainer it has. It cannot gain retainers and burn when it has no retainer. For each damage it takes, you may burn 1 life from any of its retainers instead. During your untap phase this vampire takes 2 damage. When this card is burned, put the vampire back into play, empty, in your torpor region.

Bigger problem of it being ally is that it dies to steal blood and burn life effects instantly. Not sure if my version is too strong, thinking it can be too weak. 6 cap could make 3cap 2 str, 3 bleed vampire with +2 intercept and one elephant guardian. That created vampire must have some kind of dmg/burn retainer during untap so it doesn't last too long.

I like my suggestion more b/c you don't have to plan your whole deck around it. If you are playing with raven spies and murders with ahrimanes, you could put couple of copies in your deck when you vampires are getting low on blood. Maybe blood cost should be only 1. Cannot use equipment could work too. Card text is just getting long.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 11:53 by Surreal.

More
19 Aug 2011 11:54 - 19 Aug 2011 11:55 #8580 by Juggernaut1981
We're printing this card on it's own sheet of A4 paper??
Seems like we're setting up a reasonable idea with a HUGE text.

One with Nature
Action
Requires: Ahrimanes
+1 stealth.
Put this card in play and place the acting vampire under this card. Remove all blood counters from the vampire. For each blood counter removed you may place an Animal Retainer on it from your hand, library or ash heap as if it was recruited with [ANI]. This card may block actions as a vampire with capacity equal to its number of retainers. When this card blocks, deal 1 damage to the acting minion and remove 1 life from any retainer on this card; there is no combat. Remove this card from play and place the vampire in your torpor region when there are no retainers on this card.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 11:55 by Juggernaut1981.

More
19 Aug 2011 12:00 - 19 Aug 2011 12:05 #8582 by Surreal

We're printing this card on it's own sheet of A4 paper??
Seems like we're setting up a reasonable idea with a HUGE text.

One with Nature
Action
Requires: Ahrimanes
+1 stealth.
Put this card in play and place the acting vampire under this card. Remove all blood counters from the vampire. For each blood counter removed you may place an Animal Retainer on it from your hand, library or ash heap as if it was recruited with [ANI]. This card may block actions as a vampire with capacity equal to its number of retainers. When this card blocks, deal 1 damage to the acting minion and remove 1 life from any retainer on this card; there is no combat. Remove this card from play and place the vampire in your torpor region when there are no retainers on this card.

There is more text on Call the Great Beast. So that card works like Unleash Hell's Fury? Way more interesting to make it vampire or ally. I don't find that version so interesting b/c you just have blocker with 0 intercept with huge pile "life". I think that version is broken, with 6 cap full life ANI ahrimane you will get 0 intercept 18 "life" blocker which doesn't tap.
Last edit: 19 Aug 2011 12:05 by Surreal.

More
19 Aug 2011 12:10 #8588 by Juggernaut1981
Um, you use a 6cap and load it up with:
2x Raptor
4x Raven Spy

It's now able to block around 8 actions with between +1 and +6 intercept. The more it blocks, the less intercept it will have and then it will eventually die and leave you with a 6-cap in torpor.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds