file Group 5 Tremere Antitribu ideas

19 Aug 2011 17:23 #8616 by Mael
So since I've been critiquing other peoples card ideas quite a bit lately I thought I should finish the Tremere Antitribu ideas I've been working on to give them a chance to return the favour. :)
All comments (positive and negative) will be very welcome.

Also, I would like to make card images, but I don't have any suitable artwork myself. If anyone has access to good artwork I can use on these it would be greatly appreciated.

Name: Demyan
Cap: :cap3:
Disciplines: :THA: :aus:
Clan: !trem! Tremere Antitribu
Title:
Group: 5
Text: Sabbat: Demyan cannot block vampires with Thaumaturgy

Name: Bertram
Cap: :cap3:
Disciplines: :tha: :dom:
Title:
Text: Sabbat:

Name: Marilena
Cap: :cap4:
Disciplines: :aus: :nec: :tha:
Title:
Text: Sabbat:

Name: Arabella, the Diabolist
Cap: :cap6:
Disciplines: :THA: :aus: :dom: :obt:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: Arabella may recruit or employ a demon as if she were of the required clan. Recruiting and employing demons costs her 1 less blood or pool.

Name: Ilinca
Disciplines: :DOM: :aus: :chi: :tha:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: During you untap phase, you may tap Ilinca to tap a minion controlled by your prey

Name: Emre
Cap: :cap7:
Disciplines: :DOM: :THA: :aus: :for: :obf:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: Emre may add two blood to a gargoyle in your uncontrolled region as a +1 stealth action

Name: Edmondo
Disciplines: :AUS: :DOM: :THA: :pro:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: +1 bleed

Name: Borislav
Cap: :cap8:
Disciplines: :AUS: :DOM: :THA: :cel:
Title: Archbishop
Text: Sabbat: Borislav does one extra damage or steals an additional blood when striking with a card that requires Thaumaturgy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2011 17:32 #8617 by Klaital
I am not really a huge fan of 6 caps with only one superior discpline, I would give at least one of the two second superior in clan in exchange of losing the out of clan.

Emre could probably be a bishop also, her special is that much narrow that its likely only half a point worth.

Edmondo could use some minor drawback, like like -1 something against some specific clan or the like. As currently he is just better Bryan Van Duesen who is already quite good vampire.

More
19 Aug 2011 18:11 #8621 by Mael

I am not really a huge fan of 6 caps with only one superior discpline, I would give at least one of the two second superior in clan in exchange of losing the out of clan.

Thank you for the comments.

My initial version of Arabella was

Name: Arabella, the Diabolist
Disciplines: :AUS: :THA: :dom:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: Arabella may recruit or employ a demon as if she were of the required clan or had the required discipline at inferior. Recruiting and employing demons costs her 1 less blood or pool.

but I didn't think the text really parsed well, hence the version in the initial post. I'm not sure which version I prefer mechanically.
As a general rule, I like some vampires to have out of clan disciplines, as it gives the possibility of people doing something with them that the designer hadn't thought of.

Emre could probably be a bishop also, her special is that much narrow that its likely only half a point worth.

Maybe, I am hopeful that additional compatible gargoyles will be printed at some time though :)

Edmondo could use some minor drawback, like like -1 something against some specific clan or the like. As currently he is just better Bryan Van Duesen who is already quite good vampire.

For the costing I only really considered vampires of G3 and later, as I find the G1 and G2 vampires don't always follow the same structure as the later ones. He is on a par with vampires like Suzanne Kadim. On the other hand, -1 strength against someone wouldn't hurt him too much.

More
19 Aug 2011 18:32 #8622 by Klaital
Suzanne Kadim doesn't have all in-clans at superior though. :)

More
19 Aug 2011 19:27 #8624 by brandonsantacruz

Name: Ilinca
Disciplines: :DOM: :aus: :chi: :tha:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: During you untap phase, you may tap Ilinca to tap a minion controlled by your prey

Name: Emre
Disciplines: :DOM: :THA: :aus: :for: :obf:
Title:
Text: Sabbat: Emre may add two blood to a gargoyle in your uncontrolled region as a +1 stealth action

Ilinca's special is something that whoever designed Nocturn Theater thought was extremely powerful. I might make her one higher capacity and giver her one more point of a discipline.

Erme's ability should say "from the blood bank." Then maybe you'd have a reason to play group 4/5/6 gargoyles.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
19 Aug 2011 20:37 #8628 by Surreal
Seems like a good designed vampires. I just see vampires bit bland. I would like group 5 vampires to offer little different strategy from group 3, now they look very similar. Arabella is interesting with free nocturns, obt for some other vampires also to offer new deck choice? I would love to see more !tremere black hand also, maybe even seraph.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds