file List of cards to ban

25 Feb 2011 14:27 #1887 by Martel732
Replied by Martel732 on topic Re: List of cards to ban
Honestly I think perhaps the most abusive thing I've seen lately is Tupdog. I would ban or errata Tupdog before any of these other cards people are talking about. Tupdog was bad before Heirs, and now they are way out of balance in my opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2011 16:14 #1889 by Amenophobis
Ok, I'll bite. :P
Why are Tupdogs *now* out of balance?

More
25 Feb 2011 16:44 #1890 by Martel732
I don't want to start a big fight. I just think that as the crow flies and the card that sets range are too powerful for 1 caps that could already grapple and deal agg. Also, if they weren't slaved to a clan that can grave rob, it wouldn't be as bad either.

I think Tupdog is just as bad as Pentex or any of these other cards mentioned on the thread. It would be my choice for re-examination.

More
25 Feb 2011 16:45 #1891 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: List of cards to ban

Ok, I'll bite. :P
Why are Tupdogs *now* out of balance?

He will list the new cards like Divebomb, As the Crow and Brick by Brick.

But in my opinion they don't need a nerf. You can answer the threat of Tupdogs with countermeasures like Obedience or Mental Maze, Gran Madre de Dio, Tension in the Ranks, Secure Haven and so on. And actually I think it is not that clever to kill everything prey and predator have, as most often one of your crosstable-"buddies" will make the GW. That is one of the reasons Tupdogdecks doesn't win that often given their brokeness :laugh: .

Baron of Frankfurt

More
25 Feb 2011 17:58 #1892 by Martel732
I'm not a fan of that kind of play either. I like my opponents to do work for me. However, I was just thinking of the outlined criteria earlier, and Tupdog came to mind. I'm not certain any card in the game needs a ban actually, I just thought Tupdog should be mentioned in this thread.

The only other thing I would add is that the countermeasures for parity shift or Pentex are far more useful in general situations. I can see far more general uses for delaying tactics and sudden reversals than any of the Tupdog counter measures. Although Tension in the Ranks is quite common in combat decks with prevention.

I still think they are the most overpowered crypt card in the game. But overpowered does not equal banhammer, I know. And I'm fine with that. :)

More
26 Feb 2011 10:03 #1898 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: List of cards to ban
VtES is a balanced game. Here's an example why:
All counter measures agains "overpowered cards" are generic and help against something else too.
Competitive build usually means smart build.

Suddens, Delaying Tactics, Scourge of the Enochians, etc are all smart ideas.
Competition makes people build smarter decks.
Again, that is good.

I don't agree with the theory that "because of those power cards everybody has to use the same counter measures and that is boring".
In this game, the same cards can be used in N different ways. And different decks use different counter measures.

Tiago

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds