file Timeouting as increasing trend

09 May 2012 08:02 #29774 by Ankha

If players and decks are better, and players have a better knowledge and awareness of the game, they should be PLAYING BETTER and not letting games time out.

Nohing personal, but you as well as other people seem to think that a timeout is a bad thing (since you state that if they were playing better, games wouldn't time out). Why?

Many tables with excellent players will time out because they neutralize each other. The best player will try to maximize his points anyway.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2012 09:22 #29779 by Squidalot
The game wasn't designed to time out it was designed for people to die!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenPeal, Kushiel, KevinM, Ashur

More
09 May 2012 09:38 #29780 by alek
In my experience tables that finish in timeouts are usually the ones with wall deck(s). If there is more than one on the table it's almost always a case. If there is any increase in timeouts (which I doubt) I would blame Eyes of Argus not Villein + Lilith blessing

More
09 May 2012 10:06 #29782 by vtesocrates

Nohing personal, but you as well as other people seem to think that a timeout is a bad thing (since you state that if they were playing better, games wouldn't time out). Why?

Many tables with excellent players will time out because they neutralize each other. The best player will try to maximize his points anyway.

Timeouts are bad things and I don't mean for vtesdom at large so much as for the players who are denied the opportunity to take the table. Excellent players they may be, but they aren't playing their best when the table goes to time. The only time you want to go to time is if that's the only way to get the win.

More
09 May 2012 10:18 #29784 by Boris The Blade

The game wasn't designed to time out it was designed for people to die!

The game wasn't designed with a time limit.

More
09 May 2012 10:24 #29786 by Ankha

Timeouts are bad things

Why? You give no argument.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds