question-circle Spectator Interference

08 Jun 2012 20:40 #31902 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Spectator Interference

It could also create timing issues for the next round (what do you mean your entire table agreed to take a 30 minute break? that's going to hold everything up!).

You seem to be confused about the power and definitions of "player" and "judge". ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2012 05:58 #31909 by Joscha
Replied by Joscha on topic Re: Spectator Interference
Another annoying thing spectators did in recent tournaments I took part in was commenting on deals or plays made. That really is a most disgusting interference. My main problem with that is that those people do not realize why this is a problem for the playing people.

The problem at that table was the judge and second judge were playing, nobody else had the will to enforce silence. Annoying.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
19 Jun 2012 17:49 #32277 by Robba Yaga
The answer to all of these is simply this: if the interruption is an issue, call a Judge. The Judge is supposed to facilitate smooth play, even if that requires said Judge to stand there and tell people to "be quiet!"

As for two judges playing and no one else stepping up, I'm not going to check but I believe that the multi-judge rules require more than two judges.

Gah! People need to make use of the Judge! That's why they are there.

RED

More
19 Jun 2012 18:10 #32279 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Spectator Interference
[OFFTOPIC]

As for two judges playing and no one else stepping up, I'm not going to check but I believe that the multi-judge rules require more than two judges.

Multi-judge requires six judges, who have a certain pecking order. In the game where head judge is playing, judge #2 is the God. If both head and #2 are at the same table #3 takes over and so on until judges #1 through #5 are playing in the same table (at Milliways) and the judge #6 becomes the God.
[/OFFTOPIC]

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds