file How do you keep track of your cards, stock that is?

21 Aug 2012 09:05 #35112 by Millstone
Hi all,

I've been rummaging through my old cards lately and while I did try to store them 'logically', they still mix up (i.e. masters and reactions, stuff like that).

I was wondering how you guys/girls keep your cards seperate, I mean do you?
Do you have a stack of mastercards and a stack of reaction cards, or do you sort them by discipline and/or clan?

I dont think I want to make a spreadsheet for it (or DL one), I have about 1.5-2 meters of cards... waaaay too many I think (although I am sure people here have a lot, lot more than that).

How do you stock them? And, if you want to build a deck (or rebuild one from the internets) do you just throw them all on the table, or... ??

Cheers all,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2012 09:30 #35114 by Adrenochrome
Personally, I sort my cards by discipline (with masters/equipment/other discipline-less cards in their own, respective piles). Vampires by clan, and clan-specific cards in those piles. Then again, I don't have that many cards, so the stacks aren't too big - if I were to have a very large collection, I'd have to sort them by discipline AND type of card to make finding the right card easier.

As for deck building, I usually make my deck on paper (or in ARDB) first, and then find the proper stacks of cards, take out the cards, sleeve them, and put the stacks back in the boxes I store them in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Millstone

More
21 Aug 2012 09:57 - 21 Aug 2012 09:57 #35116 by Boris The Blade
I keep the vampires in binders: too many different cards in too few copies of each to be convenient to browse in a stack. 3 big binders are enough for all the vampires in the game if you put copies of the same vampire in the same slot. They are sorted by clan, then group, then capacity.

The library cards are in big stacks, sorted by type for generic cards or requirement (sect, clan, discipline, anarch, black hand), then alphabetically. That is quick enough to browse when searching for specific cards.

I always make a decklist on Secret Library before building the deck, so I never browse the cards randomly.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2012 09:57 by Boris The Blade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Millstone

More
21 Aug 2012 10:14 #35120 by Ankha
I'm still thinking about how to sort my vampires. I store my library cards into drawers, sorted :
- by discipline
- multiple disciplines are apart (including 3-ways but not the bloodline disciplines cards with outferior)
- master
- event
- master skill cards
- master hunting grounds (could be mixed with masters though)
- disciplineless action (whatever their requirement)
- disciplineless reaction (whatever their requirement)
- disciplineless combat (whatever their requirement)
- disciplineless combo (whatever their requirement)
- disciplineless allies
- disciplineless retainers
- disciplineless equipment
- disciplineless political actions
- imbued related cards
Of course, inside a category everything is sorted alphabetically. For big collections (disciplineless actions, master cards...) I have some separators for each letter.

When building the deck, I use ARDB. When done, I pick up the cards.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
21 Aug 2012 10:16 #35121 by jhattara
My cards are in big 1600-3200 card cardboard boxes. Vampires are separated by clan and sorted by name. Other cards are separated by cardtype and sorted by name. I have my whole inventory stored in Secret Library, which I also use when constructing decks.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
21 Aug 2012 12:33 #35136 by Millstone
Maybe I should look into that 'secret library' thing, sounds usefull.
I guess you can make those nifty decklists you see now and then?

I'll check out the DL-section. Maybe it's time to go digital *shudder*

Hey, sometimes I think candlelight is a keen invention ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds