file Power creep and/or inflation

30 Sep 2012 07:56 #38049 by Izaak
Nobody really knows.

Imbued, when they were first released, were an abomination to deal with. They had Edge Explosion which basically is the Imbued equivalent of giving all your vampires every discipline at superior. That got banned.

During that period, said Imbued also played Memories of Mortality a lot to become basically unblockable and invulnerable and thus losing all interaction with the normal game as well as entirely ignoring their only real weakness, combat damage.

Edge Explosion and Memories of Mortality got banned at the same time, but general concensus has always been that making it unique would probably have been a better and more elegant solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2012 12:42 #38056 by skunkworks
So I have the Imbued to thank for nerfing the ally decks...

More
30 Sep 2012 14:49 - 30 Sep 2012 14:49 #38061 by Lönkka
Too disruptive after the Nights of Reckoning (& Imbued) came out.

I kinda thought changing it to unique would've been a more elegant solution, but that is just my lousy 2 cents...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 30 Sep 2012 14:49 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Oct 2012 12:15 #38152 by Soonerborn

So I have the Imbued to thank for nerfing the ally decks...

I would say you have the Imbued to thank for making ally decks a little too strong initially (though I agree regarding making MoM unique rather than outright banning).

If you haven't already check into the list of event cards for some ally-friendly effects, especially the Gehenna events.

More
01 Oct 2012 15:48 #38160 by Reyda

Some random thoughts on this:
Villein - Totally wrong way to promote big caps. Big caps should be made do more damage ("throughput", ie shortening games), not making bloat easier (prolonging games).

Villein is the best thing that happened to the game in terms of master variety and crypt viability. The unfortunate side-effects created by Giant's Blood and in particular Lilith's Blessing should be addressed, if required, seperately.

Actually, Villein is a bad thing for the game because players are lazy.
The fact that it gives better pool management should have ideally led to "not-so-good big caps" now being played, granting more game diversity.
alas the end result is more toward helping already very strong big caps, and totally getting rid of the "not so good". It adds absolutely no variety to the game in my opinion.

There should be a clause 'Villein only works if your vampire is crappy. If you play this on a Justicar to fill him with voter cap then shame on you.' :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
01 Oct 2012 17:14 #38164 by skunkworks
Could someone please explain to me how the unholy trio of Villein, Giant's Blood and Lilith's Blessing works?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds