file Newcomer questions

28 Jan 2013 16:25 #44548 by SageAvii
Newcomer questions was created by SageAvii
Hey guys,

I am looking to get into the game but I got a few questions.

1) Are there any video tutorials on how to play? I know there is the rulebook here on the site but Id like to see a round of play step by step.

2) Besides Ebay are there any good sites to purchase cards?

3) Regarding online play, which programs have the most activity and is anyone willing to sit with a newbie.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Maybe even playing you one day, if I am lucky.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:22 #44562 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: Newcomer questions

Hey guys,

Hi

I am looking to get into the game but I got a few questions.

That's awesome, and normal (in that order) :)

1) Are there any video tutorials on how to play? I know there is the rulebook here on the site but Id like to see a round of play step by step.

I don't know of any video tutorials, but the Cause&Effect shows on youtube are pretty good material.
Also vtesone.wordpress.com and www.thelasombra.com have probably all the material you could wish for to get started.

2) Besides Ebay are there any good sites to purchase cards?

If you are located in Europe: www.vtes.de
If you are located anywhere but in Europe: sites.google.com/site/rosetatuproductions/

3) Regarding online play, which programs have the most activity and is anyone willing to sit with a newbie.

JOL is pretty popular. There is a special section for that on this forum: www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/index/20-online-play

Looking forward to getting to know some of you. Maybe even playing you one day, if I am lucky.

Cheers!

Welcome!
Where are you from?

More
28 Jan 2013 21:47 #44566 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Newcomer questions

Lackey will probably be easier with its graphic interface, real-time play and chat using Skype.
JOL is nice but very seldom offers real-time games + lacks the visual hints to make a first-game easier.
www.vekn.net/index.php/forum/22-lackeyccg

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
28 Jan 2013 23:17 #44567 by Omelet
Replied by Omelet on topic Re: Newcomer questions
Since you are in Toronto, I have some beginner decks already made up and I'd be happy to walk you through the rules. I recently taught my wife how to play and the decks we use don't have a lot of the more complicated cards.

I'd agree with Ankha that JOL is a very difficult way to learn. A lot of the players use highly streamlined and sophisticated decks.

That being said, I'm on JOL also and we could probably get a beginner game setup if you are wanting to learn that way.

More
29 Jan 2013 11:46 #44580 by alf
Replied by alf on topic Re: Newcomer questions
I think there are some videos on youtube regarding Preston Poulters "Barbed Wired Project" decks, IIRC.

You might find them linked on Prestons blog which you should be able to find via thelasombra.com.

-Alf

<INSERT CLEVER QUOTATION HERE>

More
06 Feb 2013 13:53 #44897 by SageAvii
Replied by SageAvii on topic Re: Newcomer questions

Since you are in Toronto, I have some beginner decks already made up and I'd be happy to walk you through the rules. I recently taught my wife how to play and the decks we use don't have a lot of the more complicated cards.

I'd agree with Ankha that JOL is a very difficult way to learn. A lot of the players use highly streamlined and sophisticated decks.

That being said, I'm on JOL also and we could probably get a beginner game setup if you are wanting to learn that way.

I'd love to learn how to play. I saw that people may meet up at Snakes and Lattes. Could you keep me posted if that is going down on a weekend?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds