file Good combinations of sets for booster drafts

28 May 2011 08:39 #4732 by Klaital
They aren't really required as long as all are in the same boat. And there is some wake like effects, bleed modifiers, and pool gain available from those sets as well. Being less access to wakes and bloat just makes for more intense games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2011 08:42 #4733 by Hakuron

What? You made a draft around Frankfurt and I did not know about :blink: ? What a shame. Next time give your old buddies a call :laugh: .

No offense meant ... ;) We "sealed" the table as soon as we had "collected" 5 players to keep it simple.

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
28 May 2011 08:45 #4734 by Hakuron
I would like to get Gehenna work in a draft. Maybe 2x 3rd, 3x Twilight Rebellion and 2x Gehenna? Or are there better combinations?

:tore:

More
28 May 2011 10:10 #4736 by Klaital
Gehenna is a bit difficult because it has bit of everything in it, and most of the vampires are huge... I would suggest something like 3x gehenna, 2x 3rd. 2x KoT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
28 May 2011 10:34 #4737 by Hakuron
I fear we live in the post-KoT era ... :huh:

More
28 May 2011 11:57 #4738 by brandonsantacruz

I would like to get Gehenna work in a draft. Maybe 2x 3rd, 3x Twilight Rebellion and 2x Gehenna? Or are there better combinations?

I could see 3x Gehenna, 2x KMW( or LOTN) and 3x 3rd doing fine. 3rd edition was the first set with draft effects, btw.

Alternately, 3x Gehenna(or 3rd), 2x KMW, 3x LotN could be good, or something along those lines.

HttB and 3rd should combine well, if one was so inclined....

One issue is Gehenna cards. A lot of the time they just won't work. If you could use them as burn option cards, it might still be ok.

When we draft mostly from one small set around here, we usually allow titles to contest, but not vampires. This way not as many players get hosed by contesting.
Brandon

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds