file What is the Ultimate Effect on VTES with PoD (Print on Demand) Not Occurring?

25 Sep 2013 15:48 #54368 by Damnans

Free art is free art, but sometimes free art looks something akin to some of the terrible art found in HttB.

The artists I was referring to, who would do free art for V:TES from time to time, would not produce the terrible art you mention, which would not be an option, obviously.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2013 16:15 #54369 by ReverendRevolver
Im not sure what the hangup was legally, but i do recall ccp and hasbro didnt renew thier deal when we went oop, and nobody knew if it was ccp not caring, hasbro not wanting it/asking high price for permission, or both parties either agreeing to shelve or disagreeing largely.

So, im going to assume we still dont kno and its still speculatin.

It would still be great if we got some love, and im sure ccp would appreciate any royalties or hype for thier wodmmorpg.

More
26 Sep 2013 13:52 #54395 by jamesatzephyr

Im not sure what the hangup was legally, but i do recall ccp and hasbro didnt renew thier deal when we went oop, and nobody knew if it was ccp not caring, hasbro not wanting it/asking high price for permission, or both parties either agreeing to shelve or disagreeing largely

The rumours at the time were that the amount of money requested was significantly larger. And if it were the case that CCP/WW weren't going to renew anyway, it seems unlikely that group 6 would have been created, and I believe that work had started on later expansions.

The tricky thing is that for a small company, the amount of money (or increase in royalties) might well be quite large - especially when added to sourcing art, print costs, marketing etc. Wikipedia puts CCP at 600 employees, and White Wolf was much less than that. (ICv2 says there were around 20 White Wolf employees at the takeover , though obviously they worked with a variety of freelancers.) But from the point of view of a large company like Hasbro (thousands of employees, literally billions of dollars in revenue), it's going to make very little difference to them.

More
27 Sep 2013 06:00 #54423 by alek
from my point of view there are several effects:
1. old cards won't loose their value (good for collectioners)
2. cards which are already difficult to accuire (f.e. ashur tablets, enkil cog) will remain difficult to acquire (bad for new players)
3. we won't wait any more for new cards (good for everyone)
4. some old, underplayed cards can raise in playability/value if they will see usage in new archetypes which can arise thx to new cards being published.

In summary, it probably won't help to aquire new players, but will keep the game alive thx to new cards being published.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds