file Goofy Hypothetical Question

06 Oct 2014 09:19 #66056 by Timo
You could be sure that you have frederick the weack to play waste management in your urbo deck.

Or you could be sure that to have Donal/Theo/Beast/Volker in your opening and the 8 ohers are Constanza.

You have the complete !ventrue dream team every game and every new vamp you draw is a new one.

You have lorrie, arriette sylla, eric milliner and freddy gage every game !
Same with lisa noble, zip, stick and beetleman.

It would be too much...

And actually, for your problem, if not having a key vampire in your opening crypt is so bad for your deck, you should play at least 5 of him/her and there is cards like effective management and/or wider view which allow to play wih a less optimized deck in order to stall until you have your better choice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2014 12:47 #66067 by Haze
so what I'm seeing here is that every deck becomes "broken" by doing what it already did by lucky opening draws. doesn't sound that bad to me.

"when everyone's super, no one is."

what decks DON'T benefit from such a rule? probably weenie decks where all vampires are almost identical, and the order doesn't matter because they'll all come out quickly enough.

More
06 Oct 2014 13:29 - 06 Oct 2014 13:30 #66071 by Ohlmann
It don't advantage everyone equally. I would say it benefit mainly star decks (and specific team deck).

The question is, are thoses decks in need of a buff ? I don't pretend to be able to answer that question.

A secondary consequence of that is having more star deck with their star in x1. It mean that burning is more of a threat if you didn't added some more copy in the crypt.

All in all, I would prefer to have a mulligan (I.E. you put aside your 4 vampire, draw 3 one, and can continue with 2 and 1 vampire). It seem to change the game less.
Last edit: 06 Oct 2014 13:30 by Ohlmann.

More
06 Oct 2014 16:03 #66079 by Ashur

That would be a significant boost to turbo Eternal Mask or Possession decks.

Sure, but you could also ban those cards, as they are boring anyway.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
06 Oct 2014 16:09 #66080 by PetriWessman

so what I'm seeing here is that every deck becomes "broken" by doing what it already did by lucky opening draws. doesn't sound that bad to me.

The more you eliminate the element of luck/randomness from the game, the more deterministic (and boring) it becomes. The mark of a good player (and deck builder) is how well (s)he recovers from occasional bad crypts (and other non-optimal stuff). Good players will cope, and go to plan B. Or C. Or, occasionally "Plan 'this is a stupid game and I'm burning my cards'" :)

In other words, I think the original idea is horrible. Please, let's not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
06 Oct 2014 16:15 #66081 by PetriWessman
Also, as others have noted, there are things you can do to minimize the effect of a bad crypt draw. Balance the numbers of duplicate vampires with the need to have them in the opening crypt draw in mind. Add Wider Views. Add Effective Managements. Etc etc. It's one (more) facet to balance, when building decks.

Don't want random? Build your deck so that you minimize it. It's not a problem for you? Use all those master slots for other fun stuff. It's a choice. Choices are good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds