file VEKN New Player Section

04 Nov 2015 08:03 - 04 Nov 2015 08:05 #74082 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Re: VEKN New Player Section
Dear all,

It lacks many of Magic's biggest flaws

I'd use another verb, probably "fixes". Otherwise, the rest is good.

Sorry to appear like the "No"man but I would try not to compare Vampire to one the most popular Cardgame. You want people to have a look, well I would not tell them that a "dead" game is fixing a "living" game. For example, a 2 hours game may not be an advantage of VTES over Magic...

By the way saying that they share the same Creator is a great, they are two different games, it's better.

I really like the idea of TheLich... I think I could be even shorter:)

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/
Last edit: 04 Nov 2015 08:05 by Rémi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2015 08:06 #74083 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: VEKN New Player Section

Dear all,

It lacks many of Magic's biggest flaws

I'd use another verb, probably "fixes". Otherwise, the rest is good.

Sorry to appear like the "No"man but I would try not to compare Vampire to one the most popular Cardgame. You want people to have a look, well I would not tell them that a "dead" game is fixing a "living" game.

It was Richard Garfield own term, that he wanted to fix what didn't work well in Magic...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie

More
04 Nov 2015 08:26 #74085 by Rémi
Replied by Rémi on topic Re: VEKN New Player Section
Hello,

No offence but it looks like it has not worked as well as expected... I mean I would be discreet about that point ;)

Regards,
Rémi.

I am Rémi Cavaillé (), Barcelona (SPAIN). I was the Prince of Lyon (France) a long time ago around 2003

Enjoy Vampire: Rivals games and many other gaming activities in Barcelona (Spain) with Association Khan Jugar:
sites.google.com/view/khanjugar/

More
04 Nov 2015 20:27 #74092 by brettscho

Hello,

No offence but it looks like it has not worked as well as expected... I mean I would be discreet about that point ;)

Regards,
Rémi.

I think that is a fair point, and I will consider changing the language some. But it's certainly true that no new game would include resource cards. That design idea is very much in the past. On the other hand, no company would create a card game that takes 2 hours to play. Looking at other multiplayer (compatible) CCGs like Game of Thrones, they aim for a multiplayer experience in 1-1.5 hours. And they anticipate games ending by then, not timing out. So I agree that both games are dated in some of their design philosophies, but I think the removal of mana cards can't be thought of as anything but a fixed issue.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds