lightbulb Library card redesign

25 Jul 2016 04:16 #77501 by Ke.
Library card redesign was created by Ke.
Have had a chance to take a shot at re-designing library cards. The idea is to make them clear and as easy to understand as possible. Took some input from Ankha's blog post and some from Self Biased full sleeved stuff.

This design works with the standard "boxed" image artwork on cards, so all existing artwork should work with the redesign. If I have a chance will work on a crypt card also.

Figured this was worth a new topic; so broke it off the the full bleed one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Lönkka, Vlad, self biased, Taggia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2016 06:46 - 25 Jul 2016 06:48 #77504 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Library card redesign

Have had a chance to take a shot at re-designing library cards.

The idea is to make them as easy to understand as possible. Took some input from Ankha's blog post and some from Self Biased full sleeved stuff. If I have a chance will work on a crypt card also.

I like very much the separated areas for the inferior / superior effects and the big discipline icon in each. I'd like to see how it works out for cards such as Force of Personality, if you have the time (it's a dual-type card with some lengthy cardtext).

The left stripe gives a strong type insight (I suppose we could imagine it being a bit prettier and more thematic, but that's a prototype) and the text areas are cleverly disposed over it, reducing the wasted space.

I'm no big fan of the cost being repeated in the black text box. How does it work with a card with a blood cost and a "only usable before range is determined" clause, such as Thoughts Betrayed ?

Great ideas anyway.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 06:48 by Ankha.

More
25 Jul 2016 08:30 #77505 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Library card redesign
Yea, duplicate of blood cost is not needed.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
25 Jul 2016 09:09 #77506 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Library card redesign

I like very much the separated areas for the inferior / superior effects and the big discipline icon in each. I'd like to see how it works out for cards such as Force of Personality, if you have the time (it's a dual-type card with some lengthy cardtext).

I'm not sure what card you're thinking of, but it's not Force of Personality.

I was thinking of a card like Elemental Stoicism for much the same reason, though.

More
25 Jul 2016 10:22 - 25 Jul 2016 10:24 #77508 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign
This is why I choose a complicated anarch card as one of the examples — if the format call manage this; it can manage any card. A lot of text and complicated. Below are versions of the other potentially difficult cards mentioned:

In terms of having the cost in text next to the icon this serves a number of purposes:

1. It helps new players differentiate between pool and blood (just like labelling the card type)
2. It allows the current artwork to be used on cards with small text
3. It would look odd having it empty as the black box ties all the elements together

This format is far more space efficient compared to the current cards — so it should be able to cope with any current content.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 10:24 by Ke..

More
25 Jul 2016 11:03 - 25 Jul 2016 11:07 #77509 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Library card redesign
Here's thoughts betrayed:

Looks OK — of course exceptions can always be made.

On this card I also moved the image credit / copy write text up. I think this can work providing the balance is struck between legibility and not distracting from the main text.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 11:07 by Ke..
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds