file Six Player Variant

01 Feb 2017 19:11 #80449 by CelestialChoir
For the past eight years or so our play group has consisted of six players. We have had to adjust a couple of rules to handle the 5 person max, and I wanted to get some opinions on anything we could do differently.

- Maximum Library is 100 cards instead of the usual 90.
- We do not impose a time limit
- We do not use a limited Blood Bank
- Vampires burn at the end of the second minion phase they've been in torpor. (recently changed to leave them in torpor until rescued)

Any sort of home-brewed changes that you've had to implement?

Prince of Asheville
:fose: :PRE: :SER: :AUS: :cel: :life7:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2017 20:18 #80450 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Six Player Variant
Out of curiosity, what is a limited Blood Bank and where is it used?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Feb 2017 20:37 #80452 by Ke.
Replied by Ke. on topic Six Player Variant
We play with a 2 hour time limit and aim to oust someone very fast.

Basically we play the game in a more brutal fashion until it hits 4 - 5 players. However the brutal trend tends to continue throughout the game.

So no special rules; just a change in player behaviour — a no nonsense just get it done approach. This typically includes players taking less interest / time asking what's happening cross cross table.

More
01 Feb 2017 21:04 #80453 by CelestialChoir
Replied by CelestialChoir on topic Six Player Variant
We've certainly had brutally fast games, but to most in our group that style of play is limiting and favors certain deck builds. For instance, my Setites with dominate deck would annihilate and completely inhibit Joaquin's Toreador gun deck from even having a chance to begin. Spoils a lot of the fun of creating different deck types.

Prince of Asheville
:fose: :PRE: :SER: :AUS: :cel: :life7:

More
01 Feb 2017 22:44 #80454 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Six Player Variant

Out of curiosity, what is a limited Blood Bank and where is it used?

I don't know about this specifically, but one variant that was presented with the V:TES rules (not the Jyhad rules) involved a blood bank that had a fixed number of counters in it. Whenever you would get blood from the blood bank - say, hunting, Fifth Tradition etc. - you took it from that pile of counters. When it ran out, no more blood for you.

I guess it was part of the attempt to make V:TES faster. One of the variants gave vampires bleed bonuses based on their capacity, which was a reasonable concept but executed in a way that meant possibly two bleed actions could oust you if you were being bled by someone big with Dominate.

More
02 Feb 2017 00:19 #80455 by Hyllan
Replied by Hyllan on topic Six Player Variant
I'd implement a cap to any card that refers to number of methuselah. Mainly Parity Shift and Conservative Agitation I suppose. So that they can give max 5 pool damage/swing instead of 6.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds