file Amaranth Deck Building / Proxy Tool questions

30 Jan 2019 21:31 #93229 by gymim
i've been using the amaranth.vtes.co.nz site now for a while, using it to create the pre-cons for cam and sabbat and independents. When i try to get new people to play, it's GREAT having consistent symbols, wording convention, and updated rules! So much so, that i reprint out the decks every once in a great while, as the cards get updated!

Is the site sticking around? My fear is that it will go away at some point soon.

As a request: I would love to get the action symbol added on to equipment cards and political actions, to signify that the cards are also considered actions in addition to what they are.

Will the new cards that i saw on the front page of vekn be added into this sites library?

Also, i LOVE how formats are played around with, and new designs are used. Is that still going to happen? It's really cool to see the cards have new layouts. Over time, things have looked prettier and more succinct.

Thank you for the website, and i hope it sticks around!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yomyael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 22:38 #93230 by Ke.
Amaranth has a secure and exciting future — it's also just hit 2000+ registered users!

It meets all of the requirements of the Dark Pack and has been cleared by Black Chantry. So it's not going anywhere any time soon. It may change with time; but it won't disappear.

There's lots of new features planned and now that the CSV file has been updated the new cards will also be added. Some of the new features planned:

- Deck versioning
- Deck vs Archetype tool
- Automated TWDA import
- Card suggestions based on TWDA (Library and Crypt)
- JOL integration

Amaranth had an odd conception. It was originally conceived as a tool to test and promote the new card designs and formats — from there it grew into a fully fledge deck builder / community resource. The plan is to build upon its success and help continue to grow the wider V:TES community.

In terms of the card designs / layouts; it's up to Black Chantry what design elements (if any) they choose to include in any upcoming redesign. I'm hopeful an update to V:TES cards is something under consideration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, lionel, self biased

More
30 Jan 2019 23:08 #93231 by kschaefer

- Deck versioning

This will be awesome. I must have some decks that are at v7 and others that have 3.2 and v4, where the branches made one feel like a more major rev of the deck. Connecting them and winnowing the amount of decks I see when logging in will help tremendously.

More
31 Jan 2019 15:18 #93240 by self biased

In terms of the card designs / layouts; it's up to Black Chantry what design elements (if any) they choose to include in any upcoming redesign. I'm hopeful an update to V:TES cards is something under consideration.

Is there any indication that they're considering a redesign of the card frames? Obviously I'd be all for it as well, as we've had the current iteration for seventeen years; not to mention the work I've done in tandem with you to update card frames.

More
31 Jan 2019 17:47 - 31 Jan 2019 17:48 #93244 by gymim
Apologies for my ignorance, but can someone go into detail about what the following means?

"- Deck versioning
- Deck vs Archetype tool
- Automated TWDA import
- Card suggestions based on TWDA (Library and Crypt)
- JOL integration"

I don't understand what versioning means, what the acronyms TWDA and JOL mean, or what the "Archetype tool" is. Again, sorry for my ignorance, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 17:48 by gymim.

More
31 Jan 2019 19:05 #93246 by narpassword
versioning would be a way to have decks change over time, without saving thiem like

"malkavian 94 draft'
malk94 version 2
malk 94 final
malk 94 final final

assuming youd save to one 'deck' slot, then have some sort of slider/tool to navigate through the iterations (meaning your deck list inst 50 long, and is instead, say 12 deep with iterations on each.

Archetype is loosely 'how the deck intends to function' ie, combat deck, stealth belled, political etc. I'm guessing the tool would compare the deck youve made to existing archetypes to see where differences might lie.

TWDA is Tournament Winning Deck Archive www.vekn.fr/decks/twd.htm
JOL is Jyhad online; a text based way to play vtes. www.deckserver.net/jol/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ke.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds