file Next Expansion Set?

07 Mar 2019 07:40 #93951 by thelonius reloaded
We definitely need a parity shift reprint. Then people will stop complaining about parity shift and they ''ll start playing parity shift

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ezra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2019 16:21 #93959 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Next Expansion Set?
Question on New cards.

Would you rather see a new archetype for some of the Camarilla clans or see an existing archetype strength?

I feel like some clans have a wealth of deck options and others are very niche cases.

IMHO, Ventrue needs a new deck archetype. Not that politics are bad, but they need some diversity. Also, I would make the case that Nosferatu need more deck options.

Other the hand, Toreador and Malkavian are swimming in deck options but some are clearly stronger than others.

Tremere are weird. Mostly because I don't know how people would like them to work. On paper they potential more options that any of the others I listed above. They can do a gear deck using Magic of the Smith, have an ally deck option, intercept wall, Bleed/Bruise, and even politics aren't a stretch with some of the best high capacity (and efficient) votes in the game.

Thoughts?

More
07 Mar 2019 17:39 #93960 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Next Expansion Set?
I've always felt that Nosferatu should have better access to politics tham they do. One could draw inspiration from the classic archetype of the Nosferatu information broker to help fulfill this sort of thing.

More
07 Mar 2019 20:46 #93961 by kschaefer
Replied by kschaefer on topic Next Expansion Set?

I've always felt that Nosferatu should have better access to politics tham they do. One could draw inspiration from the classic archetype of the Nosferatu information broker to help fulfill this sort of thing.

Because the designers have never used the 1 vote or 2 votes titles on any vampires except Independent vampires. This type of power may equal votes, but not necessarily a Camarilla title.

Are the current designers willing to use those 1 vote and 2 votes titles outside of Independents?

More
08 Mar 2019 01:06 #93966 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Next Expansion Set?
@kschaefer: I've often wondered this very thing. Why do vamps need a formal title to have a say in politics? Why do they even need to be considered 'titled'?

Why don't we see passive '+1 vote' specials on vampire cards the same way we see '+1 strength'? Having political influence doesn't necessarily mean you hold a title.

@Jblacey, @SelfBiased: Nosferatu need more effects like Army of Rats, Victim of Habit, Inside Dirt, etc. Ways to burn pool that aren't bleeding or politics.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

More
08 Mar 2019 07:13 #93970 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Next Expansion Set?

@kschaefer: I've often wondered this very thing. Why do vamps need a formal title to have a say in politics? Why do they even need to be considered 'titled'?

Why don't we see passive '+1 vote' specials on vampire cards the same way we see '+1 strength'? Having political influence doesn't necessarily mean you hold a title.

Well, Mithras does that...

Name: Mithras
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Group: 3
Capacity: 11
Discipline: DOM FOR POT PRE QUI
Camarilla: Mithras gets +2 votes. Once each action he performs, he can burn 2 blood to cancel a reaction card as it is played by a younger vampire, and its cost is not paid. +2 bleed. +1 strength.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds