file Next Expansion Set?

25 Feb 2019 22:14 #93673 by CrazyCatTim
Replied by CrazyCatTim on topic Next Expansion Set?
I had thought there were rumours swirling of a boxed set based on V5, or a V5 tie-in. The mentions of an Anarch tookit also seems familiar to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2019 17:16 #93695 by ReverendRevolver

I had thought there were rumours swirling of a boxed set based on V5, or a V5 tie-in. The mentions of an Anarch tookit also seems familiar to me.

I'm not in any way affiliated however:

Prior to the precons and reissue of Anthology, ben stated that there would be those 2 things, then farther into the future an anarchs essentials kit and cam stuff of some variety, probably tying in with V5.

However,

After the "incident " with editing resulting in faster than intended restructuring at Paradox, it would be quite safe to assume Black Chantry wants to remain as tied to relevant new material as is practical, and seems likely that some important details will roll out in the new Chicago book, and later.
So, since Cam and Anarch are the important V5 sects, its logical that they want to perfect a balance and integrate V5 into the Cam and Anarch stuff planned.

As far as speculation, the metaplot of V5 provides growth needed in all 3 sects, and leaves the "Hectate" as a semi unknown variable. Let's not forget that IF that stagnated, we have bloodlines, new v20era laibon extra details, and the drowned legacies on the edge of relevant (far off edge).

With BC focusing on quality, I would anticipate the other obvious stuff to be in the pipeline as well (pdf sets made real) that honestly lack the impact of the sect kits, but given supply/demand levels, feel practical at any point where theres a gap in releases.
That keeps us fed on new stuff to buy, and they can surprise us again like with LK.

Just ideas though. I anticipate Drowned Legacies expansion announcement sometime around 4-1-19.........

;)

More
26 Feb 2019 19:10 #93697 by brandonsantacruz
I'd be in favor of Camarilla starters. The disciplines carry over to Sabbat, so new players with a few starters can begin to form new decks or switch out crypt cards. Clan essentials would be great.

Cam could work like this:
-Brujah vote featuring Dmitra and Co, parity shift, 2nd trad, etc. (works with !Tor, also has Camarilla utility cards)
-Toreador guns wall (works with Tzim or !Tor)
-Tremere toolbox (magic of the smith, anyone?)
-Gangrel swarm (animalism crosses over with Tzim)
if 5:
-Ventrue vote (can cross over with some Lasombra cards)

Laibon could work, too, given discipline crossovers. Camarilla requires fewer new cards and supplies a lot of what I consider essential cards in the game, though.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
26 Feb 2019 20:45 #93705 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Next Expansion Set?
I get that a part of selling these decks is representing strong archetypes within the game, but...

What about the flavor of the decks?

--Why do sexy, beautiful, fashionable, alluring vampires resort to getting into gun fights? I would much rather see an Aching Beauty style deck with an emphasis on political actions and cards that reference them as artistes, seductive lovers, the center of attention, etc. (Virtuosa, True Love's Face, Heart of the City, Social Charm, Bewitching Oration, Entrancement, Crocodile's Tongue, Majesty, etc.)

--Maybe the Ventrue could be a swarmy Political Ally deck with lots of The Summonings and other retainers like J.S. Simmons, Tasha Morgan, Mr. Winthrop, etc.

--Why do the Gangrel - the vampire that's basically a werewolf - resort to throwing Bats and Rats and Crows at their opponents? Plus, the majority of Gangrel left the Camarilla, right? So maybe this could be a Nosferatu slot? Nosferatu have Animalism too, so their would be that cross with the Tzimisce for new players, but of all the decks listed, they would be the only ones with any real stealth. Ideally, the deck they're in would make use of all three of their clan disciplines, instead of just relying on Animalism for combat and Obfuscate for getting into combat.

--I'm OK with the Brujah voting and the Tremere toolbox, but I really think that the Camarilla set should have a strong emphasis on political actions and the political machinations of those clans. All the decks should have some titles, some political actions, some reactions for the politics, and other ways to control the votes. Stuff like Kindred Coercion, Telepathic Vote Counting, Scalpel Tongue, and vampires like Kataline Nadasdy and Tyler McGill (Toreador), Slag and Benjamin Rose (Nosferatu), Johannes Castelien and Mustafa, the Heir (Ventrue), etc.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brettscho

More
26 Feb 2019 21:10 - 26 Feb 2019 21:10 #93707 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Next Expansion Set?

What about the flavor of the decks?

Flavor is always debatable, as is beauty in the eye of the beholder.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 26 Feb 2019 21:10 by Kraus.

More
26 Feb 2019 22:00 #93709 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Next Expansion Set?

--Why do sexy, beautiful, fashionable, alluring vampires resort to getting into gun fights? I would much rather see an Aching Beauty style deck with an emphasis on political actions and cards that reference them as artistes, seductive lovers, the center of attention, etc. (Virtuosa, True Love's Face, Heart of the City, Social Charm, Bewitching Oration, Entrancement, Crocodile's Tongue, Majesty, etc.)

As a funny aside, my anarch Toreador, which I played in Larp was a gunsmith. He made precision weapons that he sold to collectors. Never got into a single fight (everyone was too scared of him). His "art" was making fine weapons. That said, we also had another Toreador that was a movie stunt choreographer. He was originally a classically trained dancer, but needed something to pay the bills. Then you also have the case of a ghouled Toreador bodyguard that was embraced. It isn't like they forgot their fighting skills...

--Maybe the Ventrue could be a swarmy Political Ally deck with lots of The Summonings and other retainers like J.S. Simmons, Tasha Morgan, Mr. Winthrop, etc.

If I could choose one Camarilla deck type that doesn't currently exist in vtes, that should... it would be a Ventrue Ally deck, but not politics. If anything I feel that Ventrue are too stuck on the politics theme that it limits their deck options.

--Why do the Gangrel - the vampire that's basically a werewolf - resort to throwing Bats and Rats and Crows at their opponents? Plus, the majority of Gangrel left the Camarilla, right?

1. Animalism is very good. 2. Someone has to tell the Bats to "Target your vitals" :-) 3. Yeah, IMHO Gangrel (and Brujah) should not be a Camarilla starters, but both should definitely be Anarch starter options.

So maybe this could be a Nosferatu slot? Nosferatu have Animalism too, so their would be that cross with the Tzimisce for new players, but of all the decks listed, they would be the only ones with any real stealth. Ideally, the deck they're in would make use of all three of their clan disciplines, instead of just relying on Animalism for combat and Obfuscate for getting into combat.

But Nosferatu are bad. :-P

--I'm OK with the Brujah voting and the Tremere toolbox, but I really think that the Camarilla set should have a strong emphasis on political actions and the political machinations of those clans. All the decks should have some titles, some political actions, some reactions for the politics, and other ways to control the votes. Stuff like Kindred Coercion, Telepathic Vote Counting, Scalpel Tongue, and vampires like Kataline Nadasdy and Tyler McGill (Toreador), Slag and Benjamin Rose (Nosferatu), Johannes Castelien and Mustafa, the Heir (Ventrue), etc.

Personally, if it was five decks. Toreador (bleed/vote), Ventrue grinder or ally deck using a new non-unique bleed/combat ally, Tremere (bruise/bleed or intercept combat), Nosferatu (combat rush animalism/potence), and Malkavian (bleed/toolbox). Something like that...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds