question-circle So, what would you change in VTES?

06 Jun 2019 18:36 - 06 Jun 2019 18:38 #95278 by PetriWessman
After the recent bruhaha about the Pentex at al changes, I got to thinking... what would I change in VTES, if some idiot put me in charge of the thing and gave me freedom to change whatever? (don't worry, not happening! :lol: ).

I came up with the following set. This is not meant to be horribly serious, and I'm not actively advocating for any of this. :)

• Update a lot of the old wallpaper cards to be usable. Sure, some are fundamentally broken but many could be made quite useful (or even tournament-level) with some fairly modest changes. There's a huge segment of the card base that never, ever sees play. That's a pity.

Beware the dreaded Hell Hound deck!

• I sort of feel MMPA decks are too strong, and bypass a lot of interactivity (one of the reasons they are strong). I'd seriously consider a nerf on Parthenon, or just institute a max limit (2?) on the number of master phase actions it's possible to have per turn.

• Target Vitals is a bit too good. It obsoletes all of the other "target" cards, and it also obsoletes many Potence cards. (Slight) nerf time.

• Imbued... grah. I feel that something should be done about them, but not sure what. Maybe just burn all their cards... :lol:

Other than that, nothing obvious springs to mind. So yeah, I guess I'm pretty happy with the current state of the game, I don't have a long list. The MMPA thing is the biggest gripe there.

So what about you? What would you change, if you became Supreme Lord Commander (sir yes sir!) of VTES? :lol:
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 18:38 by PetriWessman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2019 19:25 #95279 by wesile
Just to spice the discussion... not really dwelling on the subject...

Combat can have some tweaks...
First Strike... maybe override S:CE... or had some effect
Target cards should be announced with the strike... and amno...

Trophy... no ideas but really need improvement...
Development... what to do with this?

Of course imbued could have some sort of expansion...

And remove the ban on memories of mortality and put the "unique" in the text...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

More
06 Jun 2019 19:42 #95280 by PetriWessman
Ooo, yes, the Trophy mechanic. That could be beefed up, good call. :)

(and yes, like I said this isn't all that serious, just handwaving)
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

More
06 Jun 2019 20:17 #95283 by narpassword

Target cards should be announced with the strike.

on each target card is:
"only usable as this minion chooses a strike"

More
06 Jun 2019 21:19 #95285 by Palamedes
The last changes are ok. I don't know if it was necessary, but it's ok. But please, stop changing cards frequently, game is ok as it is.

Especially don't change the general rules (limiting master phase, changing first strike, etc.)

I agree to update some wallpappers. Rampage comes to my mind first.

And please leave Imbued alone. I know they are annoying sometimes, but it's the same with every ally deck.

More
07 Jun 2019 06:32 - 07 Jun 2019 06:46 #95294 by Tadori

The last changes are ok. I don't know if it was necessary, but it's ok. But please, stop changing cards frequently, game is ok as it is.

Especially don't change the general rules (limiting master phase, changing first strike, etc.)

Balance changes are need to shift the "meta". because of them, new decks are created and there is no stagnation.

As for general rules a lot of them need an update to 21 century card game standards, It's more of clarification then change.

The game is fine as it is. I personal would like to see an official software for keeping track of collection, deck builder with would include current cards rules (love you Amaranth: Deck Builder I pray you will become official :) ), and a dedicated tournament software.

Also I would change release schedule because "I need more cards":evil:

Last edit: 07 Jun 2019 06:46 by Tadori.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds