question-circle So, what would you change in VTES?

08 Jun 2019 16:57 #95327 by LivesByProxy
Just theorycrafting here but if bounce is your baseline defensive mechanism, then other reaction effects need to be powered up. Whats the point of using +intercept and half-a-dozen combat cards (risking your own vampire's safety) when I can play 1 card thats defense AND offense and doesn't even tap my vamp (Deflection.)

I think this game needs bigger effects. Its odd to me that there's several +3 bleed action modifiers, but trying tp hit a vamp for 3 damage outside of combat, or getting +3 intercept off one card is rare and suggesting they print one would get me laughed at.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2019 17:11 #95328 by PetriWessman

No need to completely remove.
Just make it work like Trifle does: You Unlock only after the first Power you play during a turn.

This is my current favorite tweak to Imbued.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
08 Jun 2019 21:51 #95334 by jonathan

Just theorycrafting here but if bounce is your baseline defensive mechanism, then other reaction effects need to be powered up. Whats the point of using +intercept and half-a-dozen combat cards (risking your own vampire's safety) when I can play 1 card thats defense AND offense and doesn't even tap my vamp (Deflection.)

I think this game needs bigger effects. Its odd to me that there's several +3 bleed action modifiers, but trying tp hit a vamp for 3 damage outside of combat, or getting +3 intercept off one card is rare and suggesting they print one would get me laughed at.

Deflection is very powerful, but is only useful against bleed (preferably big ones because 1 blood is very often more expensive than 1 pool).

Bounce is actually a very clever mechanic. If I bleed my prey for 6, I would often rather have her play Archon investigation than bounce and potentially get a VP or get closer to a VP. Sometimes I will bleed like a madman, but most of the time I will think of what happens if my bleed gets bounced.

Bounce makes big bleeds risky, and generally has a big opportunity cost. Seems like it has more balance than meets the eye.

Intercept can stop any action, including bleed actions. It is very very powerful as is.
Probably 2nd best discipline (maybe tied with animalism) after Dominate.

More
09 Jun 2019 00:05 #95336 by Mewcat
Bounce is fine but gated into 2 disciplines. Auspex without telepathic is pretty bad. The bleed and bounce style gameplay is not compelling to me at least. Bleeds getting double and triple bounced around is like slap stick comedy.

More
09 Jun 2019 08:48 #95338 by jonathan

Bounce is fine but gated into 2 disciplines. Auspex without telepathic is pretty bad. The bleed and bounce style gameplay is not compelling to me at least. Bleeds getting double and triple bounced around is like slap stick comedy.

Auspex without Telepathic can still stop any action in the game. This is extremely powerful.
The Auspex deck decides what you can or can't do. Eagle's Sight is 1-card VP denial.

More
09 Jun 2019 12:09 #95341 by Mewcat
I dont want to go down this road to far but...

Take out the 12 + bounce and play auspex heavy decks. See how it goes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds