file Player Rankings - value not updating

28 Jun 2019 13:46 #95650 by Mewcat
It's not total. Its best 8 in last 18 months

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2019 08:36 - 29 Jun 2019 08:37 #95657 by Ankha
Bill, I've just looked at your results. The rating system takes into account the 8 best results during the last 18 month (www.vekn.net/rating-system).

It lists:
NAC Day Two102
NAC Day One138
Origins Constructed155
Week of Nightmares Event 687
Week of Nightmares Event 1159
Marty Lechtansi got your ankle112
Agrippina loathes the nightlife96
NAC Day Two96
Week of Nightmares event 687

You'll notice that 9 results are being highlighted. This is because the lowest score (87) appears twice so the system doesn't know which one to choose and displays both as "best results" as a convenience.

But since it takes only the 8 best results, your rating of 945 is correct.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 29 Jun 2019 08:37 by Ankha.

More
01 Jul 2019 18:58 #95703 by Killiam
Yes - thanks Vincent! As you may have seen from my post 2 days prior (on the 27th), things got updated to the correct values. They were wrong when I reported the issue on the 26th (at 777, not 945), and then fixed the next day.

There is a different issue that I have waited a few more days before mentioning in case of a similar situation, and that is with respect to the Hall of Fame. My two tournament wins from last month are not reflected in the Hall. They were both reported in the Event Reports and TWD in the forums within a few days of their occurrence.

Is the Hall of Fame a part of a separate entity from Player Rankings? Is there a general timeline or procedure under which it gets updated with respect to the Rankings, and is there an onus on the players to nudge the administrators? Whatever is the procedure and timeline, I am fine with it. I just want to know what it is, because without knowing I will end up checking too often.

Thanks again,
-Bill

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

More
02 Jul 2019 06:41 - 02 Jul 2019 06:41 #95709 by Ankha

Yes - thanks Vincent! As you may have seen from my post 2 days prior (on the 27th), things got updated to the correct values. They were wrong when I reported the issue on the 26th (at 777, not 945), and then fixed the next day.

Ratings are calculated once a day, so maybe you looked at it one day too early.

There is a different issue that I have waited a few more days before mentioning in case of a similar situation, and that is with respect to the Hall of Fame. My two tournament wins from last month are not reflected in the Hall. They were both reported in the Event Reports and TWD in the forums within a few days of their occurrence.

Is the Hall of Fame a part of a separate entity from Player Rankings?

Yes, it is.

Is there a general timeline or procedure under which it gets updated with respect to the Rankings, and is there an onus on the players to nudge the administrators? Whatever is the procedure and timeline, I am fine with it. I just want to know what it is, because without knowing I will end up checking too often.

Hall of Fame is updated every 6 weeks approximatively.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Jul 2019 06:41 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds