file staples per clan

05 Jan 2022 14:02 #104369 by TobyB
Replied by TobyB on topic staples per clan
also, is minion tap and similar key blood stream cards that are burned played without recursion in the deck or do you need stuff like the tablet to make them efficient? I guess my question is: wouldn't every deck benefit from running a few or at leas one of those recursion tablets? seems super good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2022 14:36 - 05 Jan 2022 14:42 #104370 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic staples per clan
I don't have the time to do in depth analysis and I just opened the 2 Brujah ones (so can't say if they are balanced against each other).

(FYI, I don't know where you found those 2 websites but you seems to think they are well known but I don't think they are. At least, I don't know them ^^).

The main reason I prefer the Brett one is that I find the Barbed Wire's one straight horrible !
There is some horrible cards (arson ! Protracted Investment !) and horrible synergies ! When I play :pot: I don't want to be the one to go to long range. If I play a Thrown Sewer Lid it is because I let my opponent go to long and I punish him for it but mainly I want to be at close range to Grapple and do strength damage (torn, slam !). The Barbed Wire deck use long range strikes and additionals : a lot of time you will make a strike, play an additional and no other cards to use. In the Brett one, if you play an additional you will at least be able to hit for 1 with your hand.

I will finish with some scenarii :
first an optimal combat in which you opponent play no cards and you have all the cards you want from the decks

Barbed Wire :
thrown gate to long
blur
thrown sewer lids x2
2 + 3x2 = 8 damages and you take none

Brett :
Tornsignpost
Blur
3x3 = 9 damage but you take 1 from the hitback

To do about the same thing, 1 deck needs 2 cards while the other needs 4

Now, it is easy to imagine the same scenario without the perfect draw : Brett one will be able to more regularly do his thing than barbed Wire ones

And the scenarii where the opponent is allowed to play cards.
against maneuvers : both decks have maneuver of their owns but the barbed wire one actually want to be at long range so he has to play cards to maneuver in every situation so he will lose the game because his opponent will need only 1 maneuver for each one he play while the brett one want to be close and his opponent will need to play 1 more maneuver to be at long range
against strike combat ends :
barbed wire have nothing to prevent that
Brett have immortal grapple (the best tool for the job !)
Against prevent : even because both deck have difficulty against massive prevent like rolling with the punches
Against strong hitback
in this department, I guess barbed wire comes ahead because there is less threats at long range and he packs more dodge than brett

edit : and oh, please avoid double posting. It is best to edit an existing post you just made. If you would rather have a discussion, i strongly recommend the discord server ^^

For ashur, it cost a lot of master place. You don't want to have too many master in your deck so non, ashur is not "good in every deck"
Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 14:42 by Timo.

More
05 Jan 2022 14:51 #104372 by TobyB
dude, you're ansering my questions brilliantly. I had the exact same doubts about the barbed wire ones. I couldn't make sense of the synergies!

I thought these were the decks that were used to demo the game most often? found them here and thought they where semi-official

www.vekn.net/what-is-v-tes/348-5-what-are-some-good-beginner-decks-that-i-can-play

If you have other suggestions for good demo decks that can be build from a cardpool consisting of keepers 1-2, 25th anniversary deck and a collection of 2500 jyhad cards id be happy : )

More
05 Jan 2022 14:55 #104373 by TobyB
double posting? do you mean long threads? ok. sorry I didn't know that was considered a bad thing. will limit myself then.

More
05 Jan 2022 15:11 #104374 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic staples per clan
I had seen this page but never really checked what was behind it.

But it seems they are more known than I thought.

Nowadays, you will have difficulty to find new material using Jyhad crypt so I guess Brett it is ! (otherwise, the codex is a formidable website and honestly, the V5 box is kind of perfect for an introduction to the game !).

And the double posting is not lengthy post (we love that !) it is posting successively a short post and just after another short one.

If you have something else to add a few minutes after the initial posting, use the "edit" option.

More
05 Jan 2022 17:19 #104376 by TobyB
Ok, so know I've build the brujah deck. I miss these cards but I dont feel they are super key and I think there should be similar cards with witch to replace them.

2x Change of target
2x zephyr
3x Resists earths grasp
3x slam

any suggestions? if they turn out to be key, I will just print them out. but I prefer finding meaningful alternatives from my pool of real cards if possible (Keepers 1+2, 25th anniversary and 2500 jyhad/vtes cards). any suggestions?

Also, I have a lot of new crypt cards that I will swop with the jyhad ones when I get a better grasp on the game. Right now im sticking to the old jyhad crypt Brett uses : )

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds