file Suggestion: Updating card lists per release date

04 Jan 2024 08:20 #110258 by Ankha

I certainly want VDB to represent legal card text as much as possible, but at the same time for NEW RELEASES (not some card text changes) it believe vast majority of the users will be happy to have new cards added as soon as they are printed and tournament legality is secondary for them (and those who care will figure it out).

And specifically for the new releases I don't see the issue of text misalignment between legal and "newer than legal" so it's hard for me to imagine the discussion on the tournament which text is "correct" if the entire set is not yet legal.

When a new set comes out and contains reprints, the reprints are also updated.

To summarize:

@Ankha, would it be appropriate if for this and future new releases (not interim mid-season card text changes) I will fetch the new cardbase from future branch and update it on VDB prior legality date (but sure only when cards are printed and distribution is official)?
I certainly don't want to go rogue without VEKN/BCP approval (as it will result in future branch being not available anymore) but see a lot of good reasons to have newest cards available before tournament legality date.

I'll need to create a branch with only the new cards. That branch can be used ahead of time, maybe with an indicator that it's not legal yet?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, ur_vampire, shift, lip, kschaefer, Oracle.kid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds