file Test new crypt contest rule league 2020.-report

25 Jan 2020 17:54 #98748 by kschaefer
I know you're trying to find a new contestation mechanic for vampires, but allowing a methuselah to control two of the same unique vampire via Graverobbing, etc. is too much.

The incoming vampire must burn; this is the only way to maintain balance. I don't want to be bleed by two Nergals or smashed by two Enkidus.

That does mean that you could break the contestation in interesting ways, such as Spirit Marionette to take control of a rival vampire and burning it. I think if you're going to try this contestation rule that makes the game more interesting and balanced than just getting two copies of a unique vampire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2020 09:52 #98752 by Bloodartist

I know you're trying to find a new contestation mechanic for vampires, but allowing a methuselah to control two of the same unique vampire via Graverobbing, etc. is too much.

The incoming vampire must burn; this is the only way to maintain balance. I don't want to be bleed by two Nergals or smashed by two Enkidus.

That does mean that you could break the contestation in interesting ways, such as Spirit Marionette to take control of a rival vampire and burning it. I think if you're going to try this contestation rule that makes the game more interesting and balanced than just getting two copies of a unique vampire.

I consider vampire burning due to uniqueness in such a case (controlled by same player) to be worse... Its too easy to achieve such (spirit marionette, grave robbing, etc). I think paying both contests yourself (lose 2 pool per turn) would be enough to dissuade from doing it.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
26 Jan 2020 22:22 #98761 by beslin igor
Test new crypt contest rule league 2020

Round 2-table 5,self organize game finished by time limit

Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2020 12:15 #98770 by Lönkka
Burning the second one sure sounds horrible

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Jan 2020 13:17 #98773 by beslin igor
About rule if you take control another player vampire,what happen,I see how Lönkka Bloodartist Hakuron have same opinion as me,and kschaefer have diferent opinion.
Well I think no sense steal another vampire with graverobing and you know because of contest this vampire will burned,so have more logic to this vampire stay in play and you pay 2 pool contest,is enough penalty for it. But dont think about that much,I dont beleive to that will happen.
we play 9 games until now and get only 1 contest,how much is chance to you steal vampire controled another player who is contested with you,chance is 1:1000.
but we will see how work if happen,and maye rule be changed during league.
Be good if Ankha or James want to tell his opinion

More
27 Jan 2020 14:35 #98776 by Bloodartist

About rule if you take control another player vampire,what happen,I see how Lönkka Bloodartist Hakuron have same opinion as me,and kschaefer have diferent opinion.
Well I think no sense steal another vampire with graverobing and you know because of contest this vampire will burned,so have more logic to this vampire stay in play and you pay 2 pool contest,is enough penalty for it. But dont think about that much,I dont beleive to that will happen.
we play 9 games until now and get only 1 contest,how much is chance to you steal vampire controled another player who is contested with you,chance is 1:1000.
but we will see how work if happen,and maye rule be changed during league.
Be good if Ankha or James want to tell his opinion

Well in case of graverobbing, the robbed vampire is sort of permanently lost by its owner anyway, so in that case it makes little difference;

But there are many other ways to temporarily steal such a vampire (temptation, mind rape, spirit marionette), and burning the vampire as a result of one single action would be way too harsh and easy to achieve in my opinion.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds