exclamation-circle The final round of playtesting is underway!

18 Aug 2012 00:43 #34984 by KevinM

And finally, it needs to be noted that you can distinguish these "double" cards from the outside, but this is not considered a problem or in any way advantageous.

Except for the fact that a)it isn't true if you are using fully-opaque sleeves, b)if it is, you need to learn to use a scissors better, and c)if you are trying to notice such things, or have set your deck up to do so, perhaps you need to be DQed from the tournament?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2012 05:06 #34990 by BenPeal

The other one is also pretty damn nice.

Who made that awesome picture?

That was done by Christel Espenkrona of Sweden. Galleries of her diverse artistic talents can be found here:

espenkrona.blogspot.com/
foxycharlie.deviantart.com/gallery/

Many thanks to her!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Randy, Louhi

More
18 Aug 2012 16:09 #35009 by Angel74

And finally, it needs to be noted that you can distinguish these "double" cards from the outside, but this is not considered a problem or in any way advantageous.

Except for the fact that a)it isn't true if you are using fully-opaque sleeves, b)if it is, you need to learn to use a scissors better, and c)if you are trying to notice such things, or have set your deck up to do so, perhaps you need to be DQed from the tournament?

I tend to disagree on all of your counts, KevM. It's actually the thickness of the sleeve that contains the extra sheet of paper that can give its location in the deck away. Tried and tested it. Yes, I know that seems weird, since paper is not very thick and all, but still...

Nothing to do with handling scissors (though I'd prefer to use some kind of knife and a ruler to cut out the cards, just to be sure).

And how are you going to prove I actually am "trying to notice" the cards? They're just there, in the deck, leaving just enough extra space between it and the card on top or below of it to be visible. It's not like I am going to try to shuffle them to the top (or bottom) of a stack of cards; fact remains, in some cases, they can be visible.

Good thing there's the opportunity (or obligation?) to cut ones deck right before the start of a game, right?

No need to DQ people then (all in all it seems a bit silly to DQ people from tournaments of a 'dead' game; better try and keep all the playerrs we still have).

"They had forgotten the first lesson, that we are to be powerful, beautiful, and without regret." ~ Armand.

More
18 Aug 2012 17:50 #35012 by Boris The Blade
The same thing already happens with bent cards.

More
19 Aug 2012 01:30 #35014 by KevinM

I tend to disagree on all of your counts, KevM. It's actually the thickness of the sleeve that contains the extra sheet of paper that can give its location in the deck away.

Right, we agree. As I said, you are trying to notice such things. If you weren't, how did you know where in the deck the card was? fr.ex. I don't look at my deck during the game, I look at the other players and their minions and my minions and my cards in-hand.

If you cannot stop looking at the order of the cards in your deck and need a box to cover your deck so it's not visible to you -- or some better sleeves -- I'm sure a judge can furnish you with such an object. If I were you, I'd ask so that no one could accuse me of cheating.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
19 Aug 2012 09:47 - 19 Aug 2012 09:50 #35023 by Reyda
So some people may predict that, maybe, the next card on top of his deck will be from the PDF expansion.
Wow. The drama.
I'm expecting you not to see it as potential cheating. But rather see it as an opportunity for a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh style topdecking action !

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 19 Aug 2012 09:50 by Reyda.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds