exclamation-circle The final round of playtesting is underway!

20 Aug 2012 13:47 - 20 Aug 2012 14:01 #35059 by KevinM

I can see the flamewar from here :evil:

Well, there WILL be flamewar left and right about the set anyway :)

Hence the name of the expansion "War of Flames".

As Johannes instigates five hundred more posts in an otherwise winding-down thread.... ;)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 14:01 by KevinM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2012 14:57 - 20 Aug 2012 14:58 #35061 by johannes
I have an easy fix: stick a piece of paper at the BACK of original VTES cards in each sleeve too. This way everything will look just the same.

That is if you are worried about yourself not being able to withstand to cheat. If you are a perfectly honest and normal person as 99% of the players are, don´t bother.
Last edit: 20 Aug 2012 14:58 by johannes.

More
21 Aug 2012 04:27 #35099 by Angel74

Right, we agree. As I said, you are trying to notice such things. If you weren't, how did you know where in the deck the card was?

I cannot help looking at the deck every once and while; if I do not glance at its global direction when drawing a card for example, I might knock the pile over, which I tend to find inconvenient (as do the other players at the table, probably...). Has nothing to do with 'trying to notice' anything.

fr.ex. I don't look at my deck during the game, I look at the other players and their minions and my minions and my cards in-hand.

Yeah, sure. I totally believe you when you say you don't look at your deck during a game. Not.

If you cannot stop looking at the order of the cards in your deck and need a box to cover your deck so it's not visible to you -- or some better sleeves -- I'm sure a judge can furnish you with such an object.

Sigh. How can you tell the difference between looking at a stack of cards and looking at the order of the cards in the stack? I'm not talking about picking up the deck and browse through the cards, I'm sure you got that...

If I were you, I'd ask so that no one could accuse me of cheating.

Which is probably just you. Must be real fun, participating in your tournaments, where you could get disqualified for looking at your deck during a game.

You know what? Never mind all this. I'll go with your exquisit tip and box my decks from now on. See if nobody protests against that.

"They had forgotten the first lesson, that we are to be powerful, beautiful, and without regret." ~ Armand.

More
21 Aug 2012 04:40 #35102 by KevinM

You know what? Never mind all this. I'll go with your exquisit tip and box my decks from now on. See if nobody protests against that.

It's been a tournament rule in that other successful Pro Tour CCG for two decades, for folks like yourself who have "deck issues". It works for them, I'm sure it'll work for you.

More
21 Aug 2012 14:19 #35162 by Dorrinal

It's been a tournament rule in that other successful Pro Tour CCG for two decades, for folks like yourself who have "deck issues". It works for them, I'm sure it'll work for you.

Can you back that up? I'd google it myself but the burden of proof is surely on you. :)

:trem:

More
22 Aug 2012 00:52 #35207 by KevinM
Can I back it up? Maybe, I don't know. I don't care enough to try, and it's irrelevant if it's "true" or not.

I was just suggesting a method for Angel74 to use so that he wasn't accused of cheating, which he clearly is not doing on purpose, but might be doing by accident, since he isn't able not to focus on his card backs and the items inside them.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds