file EC 2013: Deck lists

30 Sep 2013 17:57 #54577 by ReverendRevolver

Too bad. It was really interesting to collect all of the decklists for the EC 2010 and 2012 (thanks to the organizers in Paris and Budapest), and have a look at them after the championships. That provided a very good overview of the metagame of the EC in retrospective. During the tournament it is very hard to get this kind of information. Since when you're playing you're stuck in your cluster of 25 players, and your individual perspective is therefore skewed. And even if you have time to look at individual tables, the impression you get can be utterly wrong. Not all the time, but there will be definitely some exceptions.

On the other hand, I can bring more decks to Sweden, since I don't have to haul 3 to 4 kg of paper back home.

And Jussi's comment that players can always publish their own decklists is sadly only wishful thinking. Most players are either just to lazy or don't have the time to this. Especially when see how hard it is to get the decklists of finalists only.

As a self admitedly lazy player, if i still had a pc with ardb running right now, i would for the sake of the community, submit decks ive lost with.

I think MAYBE individual princes could get this data in tight knit playgroups of 5-20 people, but its just rough but i agree, would be cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2013 18:20 #54578 by acbishop
Replied by acbishop on topic Re: EC 2013: Deck lists

Cool, I'll add a Fourth Cycle between round 1 and 2 if I see too many Imbued decks around... :(

you can add it it you're gonna play the final and you know an imbued deck has reached the finals :(

:vtes:

More
30 Sep 2013 18:38 #54579 by D-dennis
Replied by D-dennis on topic Re: EC 2013: Deck lists

Cool, I'll add a Fourth Cycle between round 1 and 2 if I see too many Imbued decks around... :(

Decklist or not, that is still cheating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
30 Sep 2013 19:16 #54583 by Jeff Kuta
Replied by Jeff Kuta on topic Re: EC 2013: Deck lists

you can add it it you're gonna play the final and you know an imbued deck has reached the finals :(

I won't be at the EC, but I am going to assume these two comments were meant in an ironic way.

For two high profile players, one of them the V:EKN Vice Chairman, to even make these sorts of comments is borderline scandalous.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
30 Sep 2013 19:23 #54584 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: EC 2013: Deck lists

I won't be at the EC, but I am going to assume these two comments were meant in an ironic way.

For two high profile players, one of them the V:EKN Vice Chairman, to even make these sorts of comments is borderline scandalous.

thankfully neither of them will be judging.

More
30 Sep 2013 19:57 #54585 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: EC 2013: Deck lists
Anybody caught cheating will notice that there is still room behind the sauna...

Besides, if you have wanted to cheat, it it has already been stupidly easy.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds