times The Unaligned: Previews

25 Sep 2014 21:59 - 25 Sep 2014 22:00 #65794 by CalibanX
I agree with Alek. Assamite card looks best so far.

Lots of core decks have solid, one card counters to combat and bleeding (combat ends, deflection, etc). What I'd love to see for Gangrel, is a card with a similar core usefulness that doesn't duplicate any existing card affects.

That's why I'm in favor of a Protean "Steal Pool" Action or a Master location that taps to let a Gangrel attempt a bleed action that cannot be bounced or reduced. -Something that would give them a "Wow! That card is too awesome NOT to put in my deck" quality as other clans have cards that are like that.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2014 22:00 by CalibanX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2014 05:37 #65796 by HG.fi
Replied by HG.fi on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

[...] or a Master location that taps to let a Gangrel attempt a bleed action that cannot be bounced or reduced.

*cough* *Stanislava* *Iliana* *cough*

By all means, let's give minions with superior Dominate and access to Earth Control, Form of Mist and Horrific Countenance, an ability to make their bleeds unbounceable. I'm sure it would be perfecly balanced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
26 Sep 2014 05:58 #65797 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

[...] or a Master location that taps to let a Gangrel attempt a bleed action that cannot be bounced or reduced.

*cough* *Stanislava* *Iliana* *cough*

By all means, let's give minions with superior Dominate and access to Earth Control, Form of Mist and Horrific Countenance, an ability to make their bleeds unbounceable. I'm sure it would be perfecly balanced.

Actually, in order to be perfectly balanced, you need a mean to make it unarchonable...

Oh wait, Enkil cog... My bad...

First Stanislava turn :
play "ubber master"
bleed tapping ubber master (with stealth from various source like backways, forced march, earth control and/or form of mist)
enkil cog
forced march
tasha morgan
instantaneous transformation
JS Simons

Second stanislava turn :
laptop computer
forced march
robert carter
instantaneous transformation

Prey turn :
you give me the impulse ?
govern + conditioning + whatever (even horrific countenance yeah ^^) tapping "ubber master"
it is a bleed for 14 not bounceable nor reduceable :D. Seems fair ^^

(OK, it means some set up but not too much ^^)

More
26 Sep 2014 05:59 #65798 by Malachy
Replied by Malachy on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
I only play Gangrel/!Gangrel, I'm a fanatic. Occasionally I play Ahrimane, but that's not a dealbreaker :P I've tried Gangrel in countless environments, and I must say that Protean is the most versatile discipline in the game (I thinks that is Protean's purpose). Having cards you mentioned would make them imba and not just because of Stanislava... You can do almost anything with PRO, you just have to find the way and the right Crypt which I hope will be granted for us with this set :)

NC of Hungary

///

More
26 Sep 2014 11:36 #65804 by CalibanX
My Gangrel Location idea was just an afterthought. Are Stanslava decks Gangrel decks? If we have to design cards because the clan has access to a few vamps with dominate then fine, it's easy to debuff any new card concept. You could make the location only useable for bleeds less than 3 which is what most Gangrel bleeds would be as the overwhelming number of Gangrels do not have superior Dom.

My point, is that combat themed clans without power bleed Disciplines can't afford to have their puny bleeds so easily countered. Without bruise bleed or bounces it's very tough for combat decks to oust. Giving the Gangrel new combat cards, even good ones, isn't going to put them on the same playing field as other clans.

More
26 Sep 2014 12:37 #65805 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews

My point, is that combat themed clans without power bleed Disciplines can't afford to have their puny bleeds so easily countered. Without bruise bleed or bounces it's very tough for combat decks to oust. Giving the Gangrel new combat cards, even good ones, isn't going to put them on the same playing field as other clans.

This is a very old discussion. Every time I suggest some card to help combat decks oust a little easier I get "Then combat decks gets too good!" thrown in my face. And maybe that´s true!

But I am less worried about how bad none-dominate decks are than about how good dominate-decks are. Govern+Conditioning+Deflection is still the shit in this game, and it´s rather sad.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds