times The Unaligned: Previews

22 Sep 2014 08:44 #65652 by jamesatzephyr

I think it's only for the duration of the action.

Looks correct.

[FZD 20130827]

>If Tyler burns a blood to get +1 vote, does
>it last until the end of the turn?

Till the end of the action.

Relevant card text:
Once per turn, she may burn a blood to get +1 bleed or an additional vote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2014 09:15 #65653 by Pascal Bertrand

I think it's only for the duration of the action.

Looks correct.

[FZD 20130827]

>If Tyler burns a blood to get +1 vote, does
>it last until the end of the turn?

Till the end of the action.

Relevant card text:
Once per turn, she may burn a blood to get +1 bleed or an additional vote.

It is correct indeed. In Memory of the Two Land's bonus to mummies only applies for the duration of the action in which it is used.

More
23 Sep 2014 04:07 - 23 Sep 2014 04:09 #65686 by Malachy
Replied by Malachy on topic Re: The Unaligned: Previews
Guys, I don't want to split hairs here, but In Memory of the Two Lands' "Unique." text is intentional? Shouldn't it read "Unique Master."?

NC of Hungary

///
Last edit: 23 Sep 2014 04:09 by Malachy.

More
23 Sep 2014 04:54 #65689 by PetriWessman

Guys, I don't want to split hairs here, but In Memory of the Two Lands' "Unique." text is intentional? Shouldn't it read "Unique Master."?

Well, that's what previous cards have had, but tbh it's a bit redundant, since the card itself is clearly a master card. So maybe they decided to go for the less redundant route, and just use "Unique"? Works for me.

More
23 Sep 2014 07:08 #65690 by jamesatzephyr

Well, that's what previous cards have had, but tbh it's a bit redundant, since the card itself is clearly a master card. So maybe they decided to go for the less redundant route, and just use "Unique"? Works for me.

Similarly, when political actions lost their "+1 stealth political action" template. Reducing clutter without reducing clarity is pretty helpful.

It obviously doesn't apply here, but if you had a card that was - say - "Master: unique location. Trifle. Keyword." and that was two lines whereas "Unique location. Trifle. Keyword." was one line, it's nice to get that extra line back. Eye-squinting text from a shoddy inkjet printer may be a necessary evil on some cards, but it's nice to avoid where practical.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

More
23 Sep 2014 07:16 #65692 by Pascal Bertrand

Intentional.

"Master cards have no icon at the top of the attribute bar while the other cards have an icon there that indicates what type of card it is." (Rulebook 1.6.1.1)
It was redundant to write "Master" there, just as it would be redundant to have .44 Magnum read "Equipment. Weapon, gun.", or "Event: Gehenna" on events.
Or "Political action" on political actions (this one was removed rather lately).
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman, Malachy

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds