question-circle 2nd Survey about the Future of V:TES

15 Mar 2016 09:42 - 15 Mar 2016 10:08 #75987 by Bloodartist

The data that astounds me is that 23.8% of the community own a whopping 8.85million cards!

How does one even go about counting the cards one owns? Pure guesswork?

ps. Was it ever established what the first question actually means?

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 15 Mar 2016 10:08 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2016 12:54 #75991 by chrisn101

Most of the non-demographic questions are weird. I THINK that the first question means the size of the "base set" which is released at first in one go. Its the only way the question makes sense to me.

I would be ok with a living card game -format, but the questionnaire doesn't directly ask which format I would prefer. I'm not even sure if I want to answer this questionnaire. Super vague questions make me afraid that whoever reads the answers will misunderstand them.

I responded to the survey and was also quite worried about the overall goal and question design/clarity :-/ I'm glad it's not just me. "Your data is only as good as your initial questions" is a sentiment I frequently find in my studies, and there's plenty of good advice ( example ) out there to find on the internet on the subject.

I did try to get the rest of my VTES playgroup to engage, but as far as I'm aware they didn't - if all of them had, that'd be six more (UK) responses. But if this questionnaire was an initial exploration (or even a pilot for a later survey), then maybe there will be future ones with a finer-grained question set and a longer response-window to be advertised weeks in advance, great. I'm sure if they needed some assistance in terms of VTES game language or some expertise in questionnaire design, I'm sure there's quite a few people on this forum who would be happy to donate a few hours. I, for example, would be happy to donate a few hours (though outside of my studies, my questionnaire focus has been on learning technology evaluations at a UK university).

More
15 Mar 2016 14:53 #75993 by Bloodartist
So who put together this questionnaire? Any chance to get clarifications on the questions?

I have not answered this questionnaire nor do I intend to unless somebody clarifies what the non-demographic questions mean.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
16 Mar 2016 01:47 - 16 Mar 2016 01:53 #75997 by Ke.

How does one even go about counting the cards one owns? Pure guesswork?

Well, standard size for a large CCG box holds 5000 cards. So x many of those = roughly your total. They typically come in 800, 1600, 3000 or 5000 card capacity. So it's fairly easy to go from there. ie. www.bcwsupplies.com/cat/trading-card/trading-card-boxes

Also, 1000 cards fairly tightly packed is roughly 30 cm / foot which is another good rough guide.

The other metric is weight, 1000 cards is roughly 1.8kg which is a consideration when it comes to shipping... www.quietspeculation.com/2010/09/dream-cache-magic-card-measurements/
Last edit: 16 Mar 2016 01:53 by Ke..

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds