file The Banu Haqim preconstructed deck

21 Sep 2021 08:11 #103219 by Bloodartist
For starters, let me say that I originally misread hunger of marduk... I thought it was just theft of 2 in prerange (kind of like outside the hourglass). That would've been cool. I still consider it to be the better card than theft, although that's because I place much lesser value to hiding information than most people here. For me, cards are not "wasted", but rather "cycled". My decks tend to be proactive and feature good cardflow. 

As for the justicar, I agree that this ability is weak. In general putting politically-aligned abilities on a combat vampire is weird. Its never been a thing... (I remember like one other vampire that had similar ability and it has never done much anything).

Im also not a huge fan of two random parity shifts in the deck. Chances of these going through are negligible, because these days random titles for vote defense is very common. We just had a discussion about this on the Finnish discord. 

I believe this justicar would function best in a stealth voter deck with other clans, where his ability would be supplementary. NOT this Banu Haqim deck.  

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2021 08:30 #103220 by Ashur

Kassims power are so ... weird for a justicar. And why a 9 cap ? The Banu don't deserve the same weapon as the other Camarilla clan ? 

You mean he should have been older? 

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
21 Sep 2021 09:43 #103225 by alek
Two things,
new "theft" like combat for Banu Hakim is going to be used with a lot of additional strikes in the same deck so discussing it without taking extra strikes into consideration is kind of strange.
So, with additional strikes, this new "theft" is soo much better.
Regarding, usefullness of new Justicar, think: new theft + additionall strikes + anathema = BUM
I would add at least few of those (anathema) to new assamites and in case there is no possibility to pass those, Kasim can cycle them for a good effect. 

More
21 Sep 2021 10:42 #103232 by Hobbesgoblin

Comparing this to guns though…

Guns are in play, your intentions are pretty well telegraphed :-)

Yes, but you do not need to expend any further recources, before the opposing minions chooses their strike, that is the big difference here. You can play purely reactive, when the battle is going your way.

More
21 Sep 2021 11:16 - 21 Sep 2021 11:19 #103234 by Nictuku
i feel like BH need a CEL/OBF or CEL/THA shdow boxing like card...very badly

Last edit: 21 Sep 2021 11:19 by Nictuku.

More
21 Sep 2021 15:39 #103240 by tksolway

Yes, but you do not need to expend any further recources, before the opposing minions chooses their strike, that is the big difference here. You can play purely reactive, when the battle is going your way.

That's why you have to pay pool for guns, they are permanent.  If you're worried about card efficiency, and wasting too many combat cards, compare expending one of the new card with three thefts after a blur.  Let alone the opportunity cost of having three thefts in hand to use. 

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds