file The Thessalian scrolls

05 May 2023 05:27 - 05 May 2023 06:28 #107990 by Pritoos
Replied by Pritoos on topic The Thessalian scrolls
Hello!

Thanks for writing! sorry I didn´t answer earlier...

I usually try to include all events I have notice of the TWD like till the 15th of the following month (as I need some time to write the entries), so unfortunately I may leave some of them out of the scope,. This only happens if the twd is published after that period.

But the case you mention, I think I did include both the deck, the event and the winner, Rahma, in the charts and the data. Please, tell me what are you missing from the coup de Paris in the march report?

Also, if you miss any other event, I will be pleased to review if there is something I have not noticed.

Thank you and nice week-end!
Last edit: 05 May 2023 06:28 by Pritoos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2023 05:33 #107991 by Pritoos
Hello!

Adding a new entry, I share here:

thethessalianscrolls.blogspot.com/2023/05/winter-2023-kuyen-supremacy.html

Thanks for reading!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ankha

More
05 May 2023 09:48 #107993 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic The Thessalian scrolls

Hello!

Thanks for writing! sorry I didn´t answer earlier...

I usually try to include all events I have notice of the TWD like till the 15th of the following month (as I need some time to write the entries), so unfortunately I may leave some of them out of the scope,. This only happens if the twd is published after that period.

But the case you mention, I think I did include both the deck, the event and the winner, Rahma, in the charts and the data. Please, tell me what are you missing from the coup de Paris in the march report?

Also, if you miss any other event, I will be pleased to review if there is something I have not noticed.

Thank you and nice week-end!

My mistake, I overlooked it in your report. Thanks!

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pritoos

More
05 May 2023 10:03 #107994 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic The Thessalian scrolls
Once again VERY nice and useful analytics!

Disciplines:
Perhaps the inclusion of some not so stellar disciplines like Celerity is to the fact that they are a support disciplines which are found in the Vampires but not really used in the decks?

Or does the data you've used only count the single most used discipline in each deck or, better yet, estimate from the Library contents what is the main discipline of each of the decks?

Achetypes:
-I haven't run across the term Guns 'n' Roses before but thought it was extremely descriptive and funny to boot! :D
-What is a "killer" deck? ("stealth killer", "big cap killer")
-Great to see Gangrel perform well EXPECIALLY with having Stanislava decks separated from them!

I wonder if there would be a way to somehow include the tournament size to these findings?
Although, first we'd need to define what makes a small, medium or large tournament.
Although, a problem that would rise from this is the fact that there aren't really all that many larger, or even medium, tournaments being held... :/

But perhaps doing an annual data gathering for only larger (or larger AND medium) tournaments might be attainable?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
05 May 2023 10:45 - 05 May 2023 10:46 #107995 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic The Thessalian scrolls

Hello!

Adding a new entry, I share here:

thethessalianscrolls.blogspot.com/2023/05/winter-2023-kuyen-supremacy.html

Thanks for reading!

Really interesting read!
I would suggest however that you mix decks with a proeminent clan with deck with a poreminent discipline.
For instance, it doesn't really make any sense for a Weenie DEM, weenie ANI or tap'n'bleed using Presence and Mind Numb to pick a clan for them.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 05 May 2023 10:46 by Ankha.

More
05 May 2023 18:48 #107996 by Pritoos

Once again VERY nice and useful analytics!

Disciplines:
Perhaps the inclusion of some not so stellar disciplines like Celerity is to the fact that they are a support disciplines which are found in the Vampires but not really used in the decks?

Or does the data you've used only count the single most used discipline in each deck or, better yet, estimate from the Library contents what is the main discipline of each of the decks?

Achetypes:
-I haven't run across the term Guns 'n' Roses before but thought it was extremely descriptive and funny to boot! :D
-What is a "killer" deck? ("stealth killer", "big cap killer")
-Great to see Gangrel perform well EXPECIALLY with having Stanislava decks separated from them!

I wonder if there would be a way to somehow include the tournament size to these findings?
Although, first we'd need to define what makes a small, medium or large tournament.
Although, a problem that would rise from this is the fact that there aren't really all that many larger, or even medium, tournaments being held... :/

But perhaps doing an annual data gathering for only larger (or larger AND medium) tournaments might be attainable?

Hi! Thanks for reading and for your comments!

About disciplines, at the moment the feature is counting decks that include at least 1 card of a given discipline. Due to the nature of my research, I could not think of an easy way to count discipline cards in each deck (what would be the most precise). It requires a lot of time and is beyond my possibilities right now...

I like to think on the disciplines chart as an indicator... there are other features that are much more precise.

I was surprised too by the high rate of Cel, but I think it has to do with the good rates for Banu Haqim, Brujah and Toreador guns (or Guns´n´Roses hehe). I believe we use to think on Cel as a support discipline, but maybe after V5 we should rethink that... I will remember to follow up this on the next months...

The killer denomination, I though it would reflect they are decks that are focused on direct attack to the pool of their prey. I tried to illustrate their aggressive mood, but it is just a personal denomination, and I´m open to suggestions ;-)

Yeah, Stanislava won just 1 of the 9 tournament won by Gangrel. Not good times for her, it seems :-)

And regarding tournament size, I am already considering the number of players in the events as a % rate for most indicators, but I agree with you in the need to discriminate big events from regular ones. I am thinking of a max number of players to include the event in the regular season... 50 or 75 is what now I am thinking of, and maybe 50 is the best number. What are your thoughts?

Annual summary of big events is a very good idea... I find they have their own, different meta. I will write it in my calendar! Thanks!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds