file Organizational fan suggestion for WOTC, possible VEKN use?

12 Jan 2012 20:57 #20754 by KevinM
community.wizards.com/dndnext/go/thread/view/75882/28836619/My_Advice_for_Wizards_of_the_Coast

I thought this was fairly interesting and perhaps could be of some small help and/or a source of ideas to those in the VEKN leadership.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal, Jeff Kuta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2012 21:13 #20763 by Juggernaut1981
I would have said that the "motivated living the game" people are supposed to be our Princes, but we could probably benefit from someone withing VEKN doing this sort of thing to the wider CCG world.

It might be worth creating a small 'team' of dedicated volunteers who would do something like the Clan Newletters concept... but instead just making it a single central one.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
12 Jan 2012 21:18 #20766 by echiang
On a similar note, there are also efforts by a Netrunner fan to acquire the license from WotC.

Maybe we could ally with him or at least share some information/support? Whether or not he is successful, maybe it will help various efforts to acquire the VTES license?

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
24 Jan 2012 16:03 #21615 by ReverendRevolver
I think a broad newsletter would be a good idea, and i think that if anyone is trying to acquire the license for our game from wotc, thats enough to spark every players interest in reading a newsletter.

More
24 Jan 2012 23:04 #21662 by prunesquallor
What I thought about when skimming this piece is, how does VEKN keep the game alive and possibly even growing while we don't have a publisher?

A website like vekn.net is a great tool for the core players, but doesn't help recover those in torpor, nor does it help to breed new methuselahs. Newsletters are good if they also bring in more people, and/or keep people around who wouldn't otherwise come to the website. If all it does is serve the folks who are already here and already reading the forums regularly, it doesn't help much.

Just to compare for a second, our regional group has a decent website (www.freakdrive.com) to coordinate casual play, tournaments and trading. It doesn't help us find new players, though, and there are existing players out there who don't know or have forgotten about it (we know because we've found some of those people through other channels). My point is just that having a good website is not enough.

Ask yourself what vekn could be doing to keep things going, that would remind people that the game is still out there; and then look at Kevin's link again.

Blogging and Facebooking and so on are a good start. What else?

From time to time I pay for Google ad-words to get some traffic to my eBay site.

VEKN could be buying some ads to send traffic here, but that costs money, and the organization doesn't really have much or any budget. Well, the solution in cases like that is to pay with it using other people's money.

Give vendors like me a reason to take out an ad that would direct traffic here instead of to our own sites. A sales portal here, a way to sponsor pages or put ads here, a way for sellers like the Tatus and the DE store and ebay guys like me to make landing pages here that could be the destination page for an ad-word purchase.

Sell ad space on the website and turn around the revenue to use in buying ads that will attract traffic.

More
25 Jan 2012 11:06 #21681 by Brum
I think that would conflict with the rule that we use Copyrighted material in this page under the assumption that we cannot generate any type of income whatsoever.

We cannot make any publicity to outside Companies either, unless to say where our events will be held or to say where's the official place to get Prize Support.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds