file Organizational fan suggestion for WOTC, possible VEKN use?

29 Jan 2012 15:55 #22008 by ReverendRevolver
yea, think keeping/sparking interest is all on us as a group.....

Kevin, do you mean ALL the ww/ non-videogame project people were fired? if thats true, i really can't stand ccp. (before i was just angry for correctable reasons, like them dropping vtes and being idiots... but wow....)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2012 16:02 #22009 by KevinM

Kevin, do you mean ALL the ww/ non-videogame project people were fired? if thats true, i really can't stand ccp. (before i was just angry for correctable reasons, like them dropping vtes and being idiots... but wow....)

A few weeks ago, I spoke with the former employee in charge of all legacy (i.e. non-online, White Wolf) product, and he told me that most everyone was let go.

Also, if you grabbed CCP's 2010 financial statement when it was leaked, you'd see that the Atlanta office's finances wasn't very large in comparison to the other offices, and I'd guess that most (all?) of the legacy employees worked there, and not overseas.

I wouldn't care if they had done any of this and they had a working online MMORPG out, but they don't even have one in beta. I mean, if you compare, WoW was in its last beta test around this time.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
29 Jan 2012 20:25 #22028 by ReverendRevolver
eek.
i assumed they'd keep the people who knew WW stuff around until the game was making or losing money at least. thats disappointing.

as for the comparison to wow, the long winded introduction they gave the game in new orleans in 2010 made it wound like they were fleshing out every facet before even beta testing was available. thats why there was no true completion date.

beyond that, Rodd and I had talked to the wife/girlfriend of one of the ccp employees at the succubus club open bar that weekend, and she'd mentioned more than what their power-point showed everyone. namely that they were hiring actual clothing designers from all over to flesh out the wardrobe part of the game.

so, it upsets me when they have money for that but not the people involved in the bones of the oWoD that they are using.

until i see the game i can't say if its a wasted effort or a cool idea, but our game was the last survivor of the oWoD anyway, so i'm sure we'll be fine even if their game bombs. and if it doesn't, still probably good for us.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds