exclamation-circle US Championship for 2013 - Host Nominations and Discussion

09 Sep 2012 19:51 #36352 by JediMike
Addendum: Feb would be ok for us also if everyone thought it would not be to soon, we could do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2012 21:03 #36371 by BenPeal
Mike, we're talking about the US Nationals, not the NAC. The NAC will remain at Origins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JediMike

More
09 Sep 2012 21:37 #36373 by Adonai
Having the US National Championship over Memorial Day weekend with the North American Championship 2 weeks later at Origins would stress my travel time and budget really thin....

North American Continental Championship 2013 plans:
www.thelasombra.com/NAC2013/
June 12 - June 16, 2013

More
10 Sep 2012 01:10 - 10 Sep 2012 01:23 #36389 by KevinM
Mike:
(understanding that we are talking about the US Championship and not the NAC)

I don't think L.A. should be concerned about "competition" from Dragon*Con if L.A. really wants to do the US Championship at their traditional Labor Day(ish) tourneys. Historically, there has been nearly zero overlap between 'West Coast' And 'East Coast' VTES events, so I don't think that should enter into your thinking.

If 'West Coast'ers wanted to come to the US Championship the last two years, they had to fly across the country. If that is reversed for a year, it shouldn't make anyone upset at any level. There needs to be some intellectual understanding that the USA is going to have these problems because we are such a large country.

That being said, having it in L.A. in February doesn't appear to be an issue at any level, other than a likely 18-month wait for the next US Championship if it then leaves L.A. for the 'East Coast' again the following year.
:)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 01:23 by KevinM.

More
10 Sep 2012 12:48 #36415 by JediMike
Please replace NAC with US Nationals, with my apologies. I was watching football while typing! ;)

More
10 Sep 2012 18:36 #36432 by JediMike
Ok, so I was a little late to this discussion. After reading up on this a little more, I would concur that Dragon Con host this next one and LA can take a shot after that. There should be a two year set up so everyone has plenty of scheduling time. Sounds like David Tatu is already to go with Dragon Con so do it there and let's start discussing the following one.
My $.02

***JediMike***
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adonai, david.tatu

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds