question-circle Simple Questions Part 1

02 Jan 2013 05:38 #43517 by Jeff Kuta
MV asked some questions and the conversation opened up again. I guess you missed that part, Lonk.

When the V:EKN makes this statement

"9. Any submissions are considered the property of the V:EKN. No compensation. No rights."

and then someone sort of from the V:EKN says, "We're not a legal entity," there's a real disconnect there.

As someone who has created and continues to create V:TES related- and inspired-content, these conflicts or disconnects are directly relevant to my interests.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2013 06:58 #43518 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1

As someone who has created and continues to create V:TES related- and inspired-content, these conflicts or disconnects are directly relevant to my interests.

So, you are getting ready to incorporate and sue?

www.laweekly.com/2012-02-02/news/dino-m-zaffina-southern-california-darts-association/
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
02 Jan 2013 07:05 #43519 by ReverendRevolver
As i recall, the context of "#9" was it appearing in a post explicitly about submitting cards for the sole purpose of trying to have the vekn consider making it a real card or the basis for one.

I respect you as a player and a member of this community, however i recall johannes stating that a dramatic over-abundance of effort was being put in place to make sure none of your cards were used or any variants thereof. While plainly its going to all be vtes cards and have some common wod threads,its not supposed to be your ideas. The line you have issue with seems to be entirely unrelated to anything you have posted, since i find it unlikely that you would at this point submit ideas to be scrutenized and disected by the comunity to try submitting ideas.
Just an observation.

More
02 Jan 2013 07:45 #43520 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1

MV asked some questions and the conversation opened up again. I guess you missed that part, Lonk.

And you certainly won't miss a chance to make a snide against VEKN and the active people in the organization whenever the opportunity rises, eh Kut?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
02 Jan 2013 08:35 #43521 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1

How so?
If you post card ideas without stating they are a submissions, they are not considered as submission and therefore V:EKN has no rights over it. I don't see how it directly affects you.

For instance, I create content too, some of it is clearly submission, the rest isn't.

Secondly, if someone posts a card idea and expressly states he or she relinquishes all rights over it to the "VEKN", that person implicitly acknowledges the existence of a party identified as "VEKN". (And the V:EKN organization exists, so does the forum, it's not something conceptual).

Thirdly, you must be the only person to see a conflict of interest in the whole thing. Please tell us who has personal interests conflicting with some other interests (I let you define their nature because I don't see what you're talking about), how it impacts us (the players) negatively and what is illegal in that.

Truth is that your interventions seem to be motivated by resentment rather than a real concern for the game.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, Pendargon

More
02 Jan 2013 08:58 #43522 by wesile
Replied by wesile on topic Re: Simple Questions Part 1
As I remember the question was: Is V:EKN a legal entity. Answer was negative.

Question answered.

Now, if you decide to discuss if V:EKN should move on to a legal non-profit organization... that might be a issue to discuss in another thread...

As I see, as long as V:EKN is recognized by the players as valid team, I don't think it need to upgrade to "legal entity", that will bring legal and operational problems and expenses. As a player I support V:EKN and I want this guys to keep working.

Regarding the profit of POD... As long as the street price is fair, the work is recognized (both artwork and card creation), IMO it's not an issue.

BTW In the new cards both the artwork creator and the card creator (if different) should be written on the card, at least on my view.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds