question-circle EC2018 - LCQ Tournament

03 Aug 2018 08:54 #89585 by MarcusVitel
Hello,

while I am preparing for the EC, I was looking at the tournament rules and the How to Qualify for a Continental Championship section of the vekn website. Also on the EC website it says that on Friday there will be a "LCQ Tournament (5 finalists will advance to day 2 of EC)" and couldn't get my head around that.

Question is: Where in the rules/ guide lines is a reference that players from a qualifier are placed on the second event of an open tiered championship?

Or am I holding it wrong and the actual EC is held on Sunday as a standard championship event, that requires qualification per the How to Qualify regulations

Thanks,

Markus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Aug 2018 10:26 #89589 by TapeTaChatte
You are automatically qualified for day 1 of the tournament even without doing one prior tournament.

We have decided a specific rule for the last chance qualifier this year: it directly qualifies the finalist to the Day 2 of the tournament.

You are right in saying, it can be considered as two separate tournaments, as the results of saturday do qualify but don't impact the results of sunday

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile

More
03 Aug 2018 11:38 #89593 by MarcusVitel
Replied by MarcusVitel on topic EC2018 - LCQ Tournament
So what you are saying is that you will add 5 seats to the sunday tournament, making it 45 spots, right? Or are you actually saying that for some random reason you choose ignore the regulation that is currently in place for tiered tournaments and rob players 36-40 of their chance to play in the second tournament?

More
03 Aug 2018 12:04 #89595 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic EC2018 - LCQ Tournament

So what you are saying is that you will add 5 seats to the sunday tournament, making it 45 spots, right? Or are you actually saying that for some random reason you choose ignore the regulation that is currently in place for tiered tournaments and rob players 36-40 of their chance to play in the second tournament?

It will even be 50 because the winners of the GP are automatically qualified for Day 2.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Aug 2018 12:14 #89597 by TapeTaChatte

There is no random reason behind this.
We have studied since about one year and a half all that could be done to promote the games in respect to impacting characteristics such as:
- importance of tournaments apart from EC day 1
- attraction of people to playing those tournaments
- overall quality of the experience offered to players
and many more

the decision for this year was to try out this method. I don't know which rules you are referring to but this decision was taken in cooperation with the Inner Circle, and after discussion with many other groups, such as a big number of National Coordinators, and compared to other potential decision such as keeping the same qualifying system as before, qualifying less or more people from day 2, offering a different tournament on Friday and so on...

We might also have taken 40 players to day 2, 30 of them coming from day 1. It would not be depriving people from a qualification since in exchange they would have gotten 2 other ways to qualify, through Friday tournament, and through Grand Prix.. I'd be glad to talk more about GP's whenever you like.

I thank you for pointing out this section of the VEKN website "continental championships" that is clearly out of date and was used years ago when Continental championship qualifiers were still enforced, and I am sure that a person in charge will update it a.s.a.p,
I must add that while we try to keep things updated as much as possible, the VEKN website information should be verified as it's not run professionnaly now and information is not always updated
example: www.vekn.net/continental-championships

Best regards

IC Organized play coordinator
Please contact me with any OP query using the mail in my profile
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Vlad

More
04 Aug 2018 04:34 #89618 by MarcusVitel
Replied by MarcusVitel on topic EC2018 - LCQ Tournament
Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding. I very much appreciate the effort that is being put into making the relaunch of our game a success. I also didn’t what to sound rude, but I was sensing some unfairness at a major event. Thanks again.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds