file Play to win rule in a final

26 Sep 2011 12:07 #10987 by Pendargon
It's not personal, it is on your blog, for entire Vtes community to see. It is the first blog currently on extrala, i did not go directly to your blog either. And it is your words.

Point taken on entire table, and how the game progressed, though. One Vtes game of two hours is very difficult to explain and transcribe correctly, especially with all 5 players having different ideas how the table develops.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2011 12:21 #10989 by Mephistopheles
Also another thing that frustrates is the mix-up between ethics and rules. I didn't ask on a judgment on being a nice guy or not. I was asking a rules question that is unclear.

No really, has anybody anywhere ever seen a play to win rule being enforced?

Does this rule really make any sense?

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
26 Sep 2011 12:26 - 26 Sep 2011 12:28 #10990 by Suoli

Also another thing that frustrates is the mix-up between ethics and rules. I didn't ask on a judgment on being a nice guy or not. I was asking a rules question that is unclear.

If a player really wants to, any rule can viably be broken in some situation without getting caught. Absolute enforceability is, therefore, an impractical requirement. That said, I haven't seen anybody getting disqualified due to a PTW-violation but I've never seen an obvious PTW-violation, either.
Last edit: 26 Sep 2011 12:28 by Suoli.

More
26 Sep 2011 13:24 #10992 by Ankha
I find something disturbing: by staying idle, B couldn't win (C wasn't going to spontaneously loose his pool). Even if there was a high chance the deal between B and E would be broken by E, B had to go forward.
I don't know if it's a play to win violation, but B played badly anyway. Judge must check that there is no collusion between B and C.

I still see some people in finals glad not to be ousted, score their half-VP and let someone win. That is a big problem.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mephistopheles

More
26 Sep 2011 13:38 #10993 by Mephistopheles
Thanks Ankha!

You are so talking my mind. In a final it doesn't matter if you are second with 1,5 vps or with 0.

Anytime I will choose 1% winning a final - 99% 0 vp over 100% 1vp but 0% winning the final. Anytime.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
26 Sep 2011 13:47 #10994 by Brum

A player can hide behind "I made a poor judgment of the table state, or took bad choices, because I made a honest mistake and I'm still petrified I'll be cross table or back ousted".
There is nothing a judge can say or do, except force a player to do something artificially (coach him forcefully).

The enforcement of PTW I've seen was done in two different contexts:
- During deal making (players asked the Judge if the deal broke PTW).
Note: if the Judge said no, it still did not obligate the players to keep the deal. But if the Judge said it broke the rules, they could do as they pleased up until one of them would be forced to brake the deal in order to keep PTW.
- During a case such as yours, where one or more players thinks that another player is not honoring PTW. The Judge talks with the player in question and that is a very subjective talk. All responsibility falls on the shoulders of the Judges. Period.
So they've gotta have the balls for the job.

In your case, you should have called the Judge and let him make a call.
Sorry man but, by not doing this, I think you are an accomplice of what happened.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds