file Action Modifiers Sequencing

29 Sep 2011 05:49 #11114 by Malachy
Hey, it's me again! I try not to be everywhere with my posts but I've got another problem remained unsolved by my homies so my only hope is this superforum :D

The question is may a bleeding minion play Conditioning before i would get my chance of attempting to block? It is important because my blocking minion has Blessing of Chaos .

NC of Hungary

///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2011 06:02 - 29 Sep 2011 06:02 #11116 by Izaak
Depends.

The acting minion has the impulse. When he declares an action he can play any action modifiers (such as Seduction) before any block attempts can be made. Once he's done, you get the opportunity to attempt to block.

Once you declare a block attempt he cannot then decide to play a Conditioning. He needs to play it before passing the impulse.

Coming to think of it, you *can* actually attempt to block even if you have insufficient intercept or the action is unblockable (cf Tangle Atropos Hand). So if someone bleeds you at stealth, you can attempt to block with the Blessing of Chaos'd minion and deny any Conditionings or Aire of Elations :)
Last edit: 29 Sep 2011 06:02 by Izaak.

More
29 Sep 2011 06:04 - 29 Sep 2011 06:09 #11118 by Pascal Bertrand
Yes. [EDIT: To the OP's question]
Rulebook 6.2 wrote:

Action modifiers and reaction cards can be played at any time during an action (unless otherwise noted on card text), with the acting Methuselah getting the opportunity to play first.

@Izaak: There's an "as announced" window ( Outline IV.A.3 ) and a "declare block attempts and play action modifiers / reaction cards" window ( Outline IV.B, IV.C )
Last edit: 29 Sep 2011 06:09 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
29 Sep 2011 06:11 #11119 by Izaak
Yes I'm aware of that, but how does this change the answer? I suppose Seduction was a bad example because it's as announced.

He can play the Conditioning, but not after a block attempt is being made. You can't go like "I bleed". "Ok I attempt to block". "No wait, before you attempt to block I play Conditioning".

You can go: "I bleed. And I play Conditioning too". "Attempt to block".

More
29 Sep 2011 06:20 #11120 by Pascal Bertrand

He can play the Conditioning, but not after a block attempt is being made. You can't go like "I bleed". "Ok I attempt to block". "No wait, before you attempt to block I play Conditioning".

No, that (asking a player to rollback) is something you can't do.
What you can do, however, is announce a bleed action, someone announces a block attempt, and, then, play Conditioning (fishing for stealth or trying to get AI'd).

More
29 Sep 2011 07:48 #11126 by Izaak
Of course, but if the minion that is attempting to block has a Blessing of Chaos, you can't because Blessing of Chaos only checks for a block attempt and not an actual block.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds