file Actions with multiple resolutions

25 Feb 2012 14:26 #24084 by henrik
The thread about Faceless Night started to get long, and this is quite a sidetrack.

Faceless Night taps at {each} resolution.

I assume this would apply to Ogwon as well (only card I found with similar enough card text to Faceless Night).

What about effects that are applied after resolution, are they applied after each resolution as well?
Gwyedd, Ecstacy and Day Operation, might be more.

Regarding Ecstacy. Is a blocked bleed considered to be resolved for the current bleed amount or for 0?

Name: Ecstasy
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Serpentis
[ser] Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[SER] As above, and if the bleed resolves for 0 (or less), the acting minion burns 1 blood or life (after resolving the action).

Name: Ogwon
Cardtype: Vampire
[...]
Independent: If an ally or younger vampire attempts to block Ogwon and fails, that minion burns 1 blood or life when the action resolves (before resolving the action).

Name: Gwyedd
Cardtype: Vampire
[...]
Camarilla primogen: When Gwyedd is performing an undirected action, any younger vampire who attempts to block and fails is tapped after resolution.

Name: Day Operation
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Only usable as the action is announced. Vampires cannot block this action. The acting vampire goes to torpor after resolving the action.
[FOR] As above, but usable if a minion is attempting to block.

Name: Faceless Night
Cardtype: Action Modifier
[OBF] +1 stealth, and any minion who attempts to block this action and fails becomes tapped when the action is resolved (before resolving the action).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2012 14:53 #24089 by Klaital
If a bleed action is blocked, the bleed never resolves, so no they don't burn blood for ecstasy. Remember that resolving 'bleed' and resolving 'bleed action' are two different things.

More
25 Feb 2012 15:01 #24091 by henrik

If a bleed action is blocked, the bleed never resolves, so no they don't burn blood for ecstasy. Remember that resolving 'bleed' and resolving 'bleed action' are two different things.

Didn't know that actually.
I know that bleeds resolving for 0 or less are considered unsuccessful bleeds even if the action itself was successful, but not that there's a second action resolution for all bleeds.

More
25 Feb 2012 15:03 #24093 by Pascal Bertrand
I might've been too fast to answer the Faceless Night question.
There's also Forced Awekening that has to be added to that list.
Give me a few days to check what already exists (and feel free to run searches on your side too).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds