file Slave Rule/Hidden Lurker

19 Apr 2012 17:00 - 19 Apr 2012 17:02 #28186 by Ohlmann

I have a question to throw into this topic: Can you use both the Slave mechanic AND hidden lurker on the same action? i.e. a malk anti you control is blocked, so you tap Toy for the slave mechanic. After combat is over, you hidden lurker with another minion (possibly even that same malk anti!)

Does this work?

IIRC, that doesn't work, for two reason :because the action is resolved before the combat, and because Toy never became the active minion. Don't quote me on that, thought.

Edit : if it were working, it would mean that a gargoyle that just use the slave mechanism could play Flow with the mountain to continue the action of the tremere. And it would lead to endless rules clarifications.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2012 17:02 by Ohlmann.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2012 20:46 - 19 Apr 2012 20:46 #28197 by salem
Replied by salem on topic Re: Slave Rule/Hidden Lurker
you can't queue up a combat if there's already one pending, so you can't play hidden lurker after engaging the slave rule but before the slave combat.

and as for after, you can't play it then because it requires, as ohlmann said above, a combat between the acting minion and someone to be finishing, and the slave is not acting.

--
salem
Last edit: 19 Apr 2012 20:46 by salem. Reason: fixed name

More
19 Apr 2012 22:58 #28199 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Slave Rule/Hidden Lurker
Not premium :POT: combat, granted, but pretty short chain combat so as to work with !Malk with potence: Mighty Grapple (+ Disguised Weapon) + Meat Hook. Throw in Hidden Lurkers for flavor and to trigger the occasional Withering. Use slave rule as a backup so as to dump excess Hidden Lurkers that are hand anchoring. Sprinkle in Shoulder Drop if you really, really, care.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds