file Slave Rule/Hidden Lurker

31 Mar 2012 03:52 #26943 by Klaital
I think he is referring to Toy in specific and not slaves in general judging from his questions. His special text not allowing him to act or block is not in anyway related to the slave rule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2012 14:22 #26957 by Almightyray
Yes. I happened to get Toy in a lot and he is the only slave I own. He seems oddly great yet useless, and I am trying to come up with a use for him, thus hidden lurker. It's just when I bust him out soon I want to have my bases covered. So can Toy hunt if he has 0 blood?

More
31 Mar 2012 14:25 #26959 by jhattara
No, Toy can't act due to his card text. Not even to hunt.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Almightyray

More
31 Mar 2012 14:32 #26960 by Almightyray
Dang, ok then, Blood Doll it is!

More
31 Mar 2012 14:44 #26961 by Klaital
Some uses I have figured for Toy include.

-Have him play veil the legions or babble to benefit your other minions.
-Hidden Lurker as mentioned above.
-Play him with !malkavians (especially the ones with potence), and when one of your guys gets blocked, use the slave rule to untap the acting minion and have Toy enter combat with the blocker instead and beat stuff with all of those combat discplines he has.

More
31 Mar 2012 18:21 #26969 by finbury
Toy can play Hidden Lurker + Trap + Withering, hands, hands, Disguised Weapon an Improvised Flamethrower to reset the trap, hands, hands, hands, 2 agg. Crazy combo, but burns anyone with 6 or less blood, more if you have a WWS or Signpost handy, and it gets past both prevention and S:CE.

And then nobody will ever block you again, and your hand will fill with combat cards and Hidden Lurkers you cannot play and you will die. I didn't say it was a GOOD thing to do... it's just a thing.

It's also worth considering that there are silly numbers of G4/5 !Malks with potence or fortitde; I guess he wouldn't be bad to slip into a deck with them. Take a look:

Fabrizia Contreraz 4 dem pot G4
Apache Jones 5 DEM for obf G4
Marge Khan 7 DEM for OBF POT G5
White Lily 8 DEM for OBF, built in Disguised Weapon G4
Alicia Barrows 9 DEM OBF POT G4
Harold Zettler 9 DEM OBF POT G4

You could run Toy with the fort folks and play fortitude prevent with a scattering of Hidden Lurkers, Disarms, and Pulled Fangs; prevent + disarm works for Marge too, and anyone can prevent and pull fangs. Swallowed By The Night is a good/versatile way to get maneuvers. Or you could focus on the folks with POT and play some Torn Signposts with your Disarms.

!Malks aren't bad bruise bleeders in general, because Kindred Spirits benefits the malk player even if doesn't connect correctly. So the POT !Malk thing isn't terrible, and he's good support for it. Plus you can use The Call to get Toy for free (or at a 1 pool profit if you transfer back)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds