file Hunts

21 May 2012 20:56 #30889 by Malachy
Hunts was created by Malachy
Heys!

How does Loki's Gift interacts with cards like Restricted Vitae, Sunset Strip, Hollywood, XTC-Laced Blood and all the cards referring to hunt actions? (I know for sure that Strained Vitae Supply does not reduce LG's stealth cuz it has been ruled in one of my previous posts)

(Too many cards mentioned, I exluded copying texts)

NC of Hungary

///

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 07:42 - 23 May 2012 12:04 #30921 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Hunts

Heys!

How does Loki's Gift interacts with cards like Restricted Vitae, Sunset Strip, Hollywood, XTC-Laced Blood and all the cards referring to hunt actions? (I know for sure that Strained Vitae Supply does not reduce LG's stealth cuz it has been ruled in one of my previous posts)

(Too many cards mentioned, I exluded copying texts)

If Sunset Strip is in play, and is tapped, Loki's Gift gets an extra +1 stealth.
XTC-Laced Blood is usable on the Loki's Gift action, and the mandatory hunt action of a vampire with XTC-Laced Blood can be a Loki's Gift.
Other important ones: Aaron's Feeding Razor won't burn an extra blood from the target of suprior Loki's Gift.
If Zöe / Igo the Hungry played Loki's Gift, it would be a +1 steatlh action (their ability only affects the normal stealth when hunting, which refers to the stealth when performing the regular hunt action - same for Strained Vitae Supply).
If Le Dinh To played Loki's Gift, it would be a 0 stealth action (because he gets -1 stealth when hunting, whatever the action is).
Kyoko can play Loki's Gift.

checking Restricted Vitae
Last edit: 23 May 2012 12:04 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
22 May 2012 08:08 - 22 May 2012 08:09 #30928 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Hunts

checking Restricted Vitae

Restricted Vitae restricts any hunt action from being taken, except when forced.

When you are forced, you can take alternate hunt actions.

[LSJ 20050729]

> Met A is playing with Ravnos. Week of Nightmares and Restricted Vitae
> are in play.
>

> 1. The Ravnos can't hunt until reaches zero blood (per Restricted
> Vitae). When that happens, which options do he have to hunt? I suppose
> he can either steal a blood from other Ravnos at +1 stelth OR steal a
> blood from a younger vampire with 0 stealth. Is that correct?

Yes.

[LSJ 20090508]

> if i have a Restricted vitae in play and an empty Laibon, can i play
> earth feeder and declare a hunt on a younger vampire controlled by
> another methuselah ?
> (my guess : yes)

No. Choose one action or the other.

Beware the "no" because the question is about something subtly different i.e. do the two stack. But it confirms you can use an Earth-feeder to hunt.

The end result is that - under Restricted Vitae - you cannot play Loki's Gift until you are forced to hunt. (Typically by being empty.) When you are forced to hunt, you can take a Loki's Gift hunt action, or any other hunt action available to you.
Last edit: 22 May 2012 08:09 by jamesatzephyr.

More
22 May 2012 08:14 #30929 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Hunts

If Zöe / Igo the Hungry played Loki's Gift, it would be a +1 steatlh action (their ability only affects the normal stealth when hunting, which refers to the stealth when performing the regular hunt action - same for Strained Vitae Supply).
If Le Dinh Tho played Loki's Gift, it would be a 0 stealth action (because he gets -1 stealth when hunting, whatever the action is).

To be honnest : When you look at the card text of le din tho, the only difference seems not in designer's intent (various hunt actions did not exist at that point) but more as a shorter wording to save space.

So now it's transformed to another ability.

You mad, consistency ? :troll:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
22 May 2012 08:29 #30933 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Hunts

To be honnest : When you look at the card text of le din tho, the only difference seems not in designer's intent (various hunt actions did not exist at that point) but more as a shorter wording to save space.

Possibly, but card text is what it is. And the issue has been ruled on, explicitly, in the past. [LSJ 20081203]

Alternate hunt actions don't get the usual +1 stealth. For example, Restricted Vitae gives you a zero-stealth (D) action. (Confirmed above, in the Week of Nightmares v RV ruling.) So it's not a usual stealth applied to all hunt actions, just the default one. Alternate hunt actions define their own stealth (or lack thereof).

So at that point, we just follow the card text.

More
22 May 2012 08:52 - 23 May 2012 12:05 #30936 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Hunts
@Reyda: There were some alternative hunts when Le Dinh To was printed - for instance, Week of Nightmare's optional hunt and Legacy of Caine's.
Last edit: 23 May 2012 12:05 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds