file Beginner VTES player with some quetions

11 Jun 2012 09:55 #31984 by Pascal Bertrand

Hi all!,

I'm a bit confused about "R" damage - like if a card says "1R damage". What does it mean exactly? Let's say I was attacking with a card that said the above, would that be in addition to a hand strike - i'm lost.

"R" stands for "ranged" - some old cards still have "ranged" on them. It means the damage is inflicted even if the range is long (due to maneuvers, for instance).

Also, I've been avoiding the political cards at the moment because I don't understand them. Can someone try to simplify the whole "political action" thing? I appreciate all or any help!

A

Let's take a common example: Kine Resources Contested.
It requires a vampire (only vampire can perform political actions). To perform the action, play the card and tap the vampire. At that point, all you say is "Bloodfeud plays Kine Resources Contested. This is a +1 stealth undirected action (only my prey and my predator can attempt to block)". Wait for block attempts, and if no one successfully blocks, then we enter the referendum. Set the terms (Kine Resouces Contested has you allocate 4 points amongst 2 or more Methuselahs), and, once this is done, express votes and ballots.
Once everyone is done with casting votes/ballots, results are tallied. If there is at least 1 more vote in favour of the referendum than against, apply the effects of the referendum (KRC has Methuselahs burn pool). Otherwise, nothing happens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds