file Eagle's Sight Window, and declaration.

01 Sep 2012 22:24 - 01 Sep 2012 22:27 #35741 by blackday
Last edit: 01 Sep 2012 22:27 by blackday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2012 22:26 #35742 by blackday
se Sadly, id have to agree with Kevin here. If he were amongst your playing group or friends then that signal should have been to signify a "no block" intent. But if he's going to stick to the rules and find loopholes in every system or play, then he's not a player worth playing with. I for one avoid oath breakers as well, like those who would say "ill support you on the diablerie, but then vote to burn you instead". There has to be a little friendship and camarederie in games or at least professionalism, if they cant muster it drop them off like the douche bags they are.

More
02 Sep 2012 11:49 #35764 by Malcolm Sprye

Declining to block is not an effect that gives the impulse back to the acting player. The impulse is given back only when a player declares a block attempt, or when all players have passed.

Note that moving past the block attempts (when all Methuselahs have declined to block) is an effect and so allows the acting Methuselah (and others) to play more cards and effects.

Am I correct in understanding that this is the only window for blocking? That there is no way for a player to pass priority back to the acting player without declining block?

Basically, I'm asking if this passage means that any indication for the acting player to proceed passes block [bin addition to priority[/b]? "Go On", "Play your cards", etc.

More
02 Sep 2012 15:10 #35772 by Joscha

I for one avoid oath breakers as well, like those who would say "ill support you on the diablerie, but then vote to burn you instead". There has to be a little friendship and camarederie in games or at least professionalism, if they cant muster it drop them off like the douche bags they are.

Lying is permitted by the rules. Of course you will never make such a deal with that player again. But he played perfectly in the sense of the game (he also would have if he honoured the deal of course).

I think a correct announcement like "block" or "no block" isn't that hard to do and helps smoothing the game flow. Just play it right and no such annoying things will happen. And we don't have to think about if somebody is an **** we don't like to play with anymore.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
02 Sep 2012 16:30 - 02 Sep 2012 16:31 #35781 by KevinM

Basically, I'm asking if this passage means that any indication for the acting player to proceed passes block [bin addition to priority[/b]? "Go On", "Play your cards", etc.

Why not just demand a "Block, or no block" declaration? Then you don't need to ask questions about obscure phrases, because you are 100% absolutely positively conclusively crystal clear. :)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
Last edit: 02 Sep 2012 16:31 by KevinM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erol, Pendargon

More
08 Sep 2012 05:30 #36257 by larsantos
I had a similar problem some time ago, on the occasion I was blocked after the action was resolved and even after having passed the turn to my prey, even so, because I didn't ask every player on the table if they wished to block, and consequently, they didn't said the words "I don't block", the judge ruled that my predator could (and did) blocked me with Anneke.

At the time I though I was beeing cheated by my predator and the judge, but in the old forum, LSJ said the judge was right.

However, I still don't see how needing to ask all players on the table if they wish to block, and having them spoke the words "No" or "No block" for every action in the game will be good for the game, I, for instance, take 3 to 6 actions per turn in middle game usually, that is too much interruptions to the game flow.

I'm not saying that I'm correct, I just think that there must be a more efficient way of doing it and I'd love to hear from the community.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds