file Coma vs aggravated hand damage: did we do this right?

03 Sep 2012 00:37 #35789 by self biased
Vampire A chooses a hand strike that deals aggravated damage.
Vampire B chooses Coma [superior] as its strike.

i was told that Vampire A goes to torpor, and doesn't get to inflict the damage from its strike because the torporing effect resolves during 'strike resolution' a and ended combat similar to a strike: combat ends effect so it doesn't get to 'damage resolution.'

i let it slide, not wanting to cause an argument i wasn't prepared to back up, but the logic seemed fishy to me (not to mention totally not my favor). i mean, if two vampires each hit each other they both go to torpor, right? how is this different?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2012 01:01 #35790 by jtroyve
Strike Resolution:
1. Combat Ends
2. Dodge
3. First Strike
4. Regular Strike

as you did not specify that Coma was done at First Strike, then you are correct. Aggravated damage and Coma resolves at the same time, and if the aggravated damage is not prevented, both vamps go to torpor.

More
03 Sep 2012 01:06 #35792 by self biased
i thought so. thanks for your help.

More
03 Sep 2012 05:13 - 03 Sep 2012 06:07 #35795 by Pascal Bertrand

Strike Resolution:
1. Combat Ends
2. Dodge
3. First Strike
4. Regular Strike

Amost correct: Dodge prevents the dodger (and its retainers) from the opposing minion's SCE (Catatonic Fear, Blissful Agony, Meld with the Land, ...)

as you did not specify that Coma was done at First Strike, then you are correct. Aggravated damage and Coma resolves at the same time, and if the aggravated damage is not prevented, both vamps go to torpor.

Correct.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 06:07 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
03 Sep 2012 05:51 - 03 Sep 2012 06:08 #35801 by Amenophobis

Correct.

Well, "aggravated damage" is a not a strike per se, but an attribute of a strike. To be more specific here it would have to be "a handstrike which deals aggravated damage", or shorter an "aggravated handstrike".
Domain of Evernight and Outside the Hourglass would also result in "aggravated damage", and to say that this damage is resolved at the same time as a strike "Coma" is misleading and wrong.

Just saying. :whistle:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2012 06:08 by Amenophobis.

More
03 Sep 2012 06:06 #35802 by Pascal Bertrand
Well, I agree what I wrote was a shortcut for "Coma and Strike: agg damage resolve at the same time". It was pretty obvious, in this context ("strike resolution"), that all damage was from strike resolution.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds