file WMRH Talk Radio vs Political Action

06 Sep 2012 07:07 #36048 by Pascal Bertrand

Meth A (1 pool left) with a WMRH Talk Radio attempts to block, uses the WMRH but fails to block.
Am I right to assume that Meth A is ousted when the action resolves = the referendum of the political action is conducted, and therefore can't be chosen in the terms of the referendum?

No. When the action resolves = when the referendum is conducted (amongst other effects, such as setting terms) is before that player burns pool to WMRH (which happens "after" the action resolves).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2012 07:23 #36049 by Malachy
So a vamp with Perfectionist gains one blood BEFORE the referendum is conducted? Kinda wierd... so you can play Freak Drive as well? I always thought the referendum to be part of the action (like combat for instance, when the action is blocked).

NC of Hungary

///

More
06 Sep 2012 07:42 #36051 by Ankha

So a vamp with Perfectionist gains one blood BEFORE the referendum is conducted? Kinda wierd... so you can play Freak Drive as well? I always thought the referendum to be part of the action (like combat for instance, when the action is blocked).

No. Re-read what Pascal wrote.
See also
groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr&fromgroups=#!searchin/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/perfectionist$20delaying$20tactics/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/FST_Tt-CcJk/k8zt1UiYHh8J

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
06 Sep 2012 08:32 - 06 Sep 2012 08:34 #36053 by Boris The Blade
Since we're at it: is the Voter Cap window still part of the resolution, or does the action resolution end right after applying the effects of the successful referendum?

I would tend to say it is still part of the resolution, but only because the next window is the "after resolution" window :laugh:
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 08:34 by Boris The Blade.

More
06 Sep 2012 09:43 #36055 by Pascal Bertrand

So a vamp with Perfectionist gains one blood BEFORE the referendum is conducted? Kinda wierd...

Name: Perfectionist
[Gehenna:C, KoT:C]
Cardtype: Master
Master: archetype.
Put this card on a vampire you control. Once per turn, when this vampire sucessfully performs an action and no reaction cards are played, he or she gains 1 blood after the action is resolved. A vampire can have only one archetype.
Artist: Ken Meyer, Jr.

Same wording, same effect, same window. After resolution of a referendum means after the referendum is conducted, after the effects have been applied.

so you can play Freak Drive as well? I always thought the referendum to be part of the action (like combat for instance, when the action is blocked).

Name: Freak Drive
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, CE:U/PV2, Anarchs:PG, LoB:PA2, Third:U, LotN:PR, KoT:PV3, HttB:PSam2]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Only usable at the end of a successful action (after resolving the action). This vampire untaps.
[FOR] As above, but usable even if the action is blocked (play after combat, if any).

The hint is given twice here - "after resolution", again, is the same as "after the effects have been applied" for referenda.

Since we're at it: is the Voter Cap window still part of the resolution, or does the action resolution end right after applying the effects of the successful referendum?

I would tend to say it is still part of the resolution, but only because the next window is the "after resolution" window :laugh:

Name: Voter Captivation
[Jyhad:U2, VTES:U, Sabbat:U, CE:U/PTo2/PV, Anarchs:PAB3, KMW:PAn3, LoB:PG3, Third:U/PB2]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Presence
Only usable after resolving a successful referendum called by this acting vampire.

The acting vampire gains X blood from the blood bank, where X is the number of votes by which the referendum passed.
 As above, but move up to 2 of those blood counters to your pool instead of this vampire.

I agree the cardtext is slightly different. However, it should be clear that Voter Captivation is played after the referendum - after resolving its effects.
If you call an Anarchist Uprising when you have 1 pool, Voter Captivation won't save you. Voter Captivation has the same window as Freak Drive (after resolution). You can play VC and then FD, or FD and then VC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
06 Sep 2012 10:07 - 06 Sep 2012 10:08 #36056 by Boris The Blade

I agree the cardtext is slightly different. However, it should be clear that Voter Captivation is played after the referendum - after resolving its effects.
If you call an Anarchist Uprising when you have 1 pool, Voter Captivation won't save you. Voter Captivation has the same window as Freak Drive (after resolution). You can play VC and then FD, or FD and then VC.

I would love it to work as you say (it is simpler), but LSJ seems to have ruled differently, unless there is a more recent answer I don't know of:
groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/yvOEO69y2kU
Last edit: 06 Sep 2012 10:08 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds